• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New snowmobile sticker needed this year

There is a new snowmobile sticker required as of this season. You can buy it at the same place you get your fishing licenses from in MN. You can also get a 3 year version when you renew your MN snowmobile stickers (the one that goes with the license numbers). If you are 100% on private property or on a lake you apparently don't need it. But if you are on a trail or grant in aid trail you do. Be aware that the trail you use to GET to the lake might be just the kind you need a sticker for.

I presume snowmachines that are registered out of state also stll need the out of state sticker that they never advertise you actually need. Before my sleds were registered in MN we were sitting in the middle of a REMOTE lake and here came DNR, probably following our trax, checked us and I got a $75 ticket for having a sled registered elsewhere and no MN sticker. If you are out of state check this out - maybe it got replaced by the other sticker.

I do not propose to be DNR sticker expert, I just know many of us will need 1 or 2 in addition to the license sticker.

I think it really stinks that they pass all these requirements and there is NEVER a single sign around that tells people to buy one. Yes, the manuals are USUALLY available at licensing outlets and on line, but if you really wanted to sell stickers and not write tickets the State would have signs up here and there on the trails.

So, I'm just helping them out for free! grin.gif

Capt