• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crystal Lake (Dakota)

tylerflom89

Went out about an hour ago, and walked out about 100 feet. 6-8 inches!

I'll be out there tomorrow, and if anyone else lives nearby and was wondering, the light is green.

wow! thats awsome! i wonder if my mom would take me since my dad is out of town. I doubt it though crazy.gif

Went out from the beach, you thinking of going out tomorrow? I figure my plan tomorrow is to try to find any weeds still infront of the beach, and find the edge of them. Otherwise, I'll just fish the island.

Not sure what time I'll be out, but if you see a Clam 5600 (blue), and maybe a guy sitting outside by it (if I get restless) thats me.

This weekend I won't be out, but it sounds like the ice is starting to firm up, so it won't be long before I'll be joining you out there. I'll keep an eye out for the Clam.

I don't know where you were measuring ice thickness, but it is NOT very thick. I was there this morning before sunrise, and could not get out more than about 30 yards. I checked ice all over and could not find safe ice any farther out than that. It was at the best about 2" off the beach area. One chop with spud and water!

I went over to the boat landing on the west side of the lake this morning and talked to guy who was walking off the ice with a couple of tip-ups. He said he drilled a hole about 100 feet out from the landing and got 5 inches, and drilled another one about 100 feet farther out and got a little under 3. He added nothing was hitting his sucker's. It'll probably be another couple of weeks before the ice has really ready.

I went out about 75 feet, and it was 4 inches. Nothing in the house, but I had a pike take my tip-up and run with it. Didn't get him, but he got my shiner.