• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I THINK THE EYES ARE BITTING.

Went out on East Battle lake and sat on 4" of ice to catch a couple eyes. It was exciting to catch fish through the Ice again. I would have rather shot up some geese, but what do ya do.

I know, for sure, the pout are biting. Walked about a mile out on Ottertail last night to tally two pout and tullibee. Funny thing was, I was fishing for walleyes. confused.gifgrin.gif What a way to start the ice fishing season!!

MJ

My dad and nephews are going up this weekend. How is the ice? I don't think they will be putting out the big shack yet though. Hope to get up a for a couple days over Christmas. Need to do my Christmas shopping this weekend.

Threeway~ You fish the Pine Lakes, also? cool.gif The great thing about fishing in Ottertail County is that you can catch walleyes many different places in waders. I do love my boat, too, though.

MJ

MY GOD, MJ.

All those guys and their fancy, expensive boats... stayin' miles away from the REAL action... and now yer encouraging them to come wading with us?

WHAT A PAL.

Next thing you know you'll switch yer avitar to that trusty portable ice shanty of yours, and everybody will be abandoning their permanent houses... running out screaming and horning in on our winter campouts.

Oh well, I guess the secret is out. Come to Ottertail County. We got ice.

FISH ON! cool.gif

Or maybe you fish West Battle Lake? or is it Long Lake by Vergas? Like I said, it's great to be in an area that allows many different locations for shore fishing and wading. grin.gif Did I mention, I still like my boat?

MJ

Good golly miss "MOLLY" that is a nice fish in your picture. I think i may know that spot too.... I'm pretty sure that my friend lets just call her "Annie" from over in "Battle" Lake and I used to fish that spot together all the time. But I could be wrong there are lots of places to fishin waders late in the year and in the spring especially a couple days prior to the full moon....

I think you guys are mistaken. I don't see any fish in my avatar; just a couple of penguins.

MJ smirk.gif

You know what i think I have fished that spot too... Just giving yah a little grief.. Anyway back to be being serious this snow is going to make ice travel a little difficult over the holidays might need to bring out the waders this weekend just to get out.... Flooded low spots/ sags in the ice this early in the year is not good. Make sure to check fish houses, going to be some big drifts around them now.

PR - LMAO at your other post.

Ug, sound like sloppy conditions. I don't care. Ottertail tomorrow afternoon is in the plans.

BTW - tell Da Ranger that he had a great mullet in his college days....

Good luck on OT I have a hot tip to follow up on. Sunfish big sunfish pounder plus. One guy all by himself on the lake last weekend caught his 20 in an hour that all weighed over a pound. If that doesn't pan (no pun) out i might go south and look for a rooster...

Anybody out in front of your house yet? DA RANGER says he thinks he might put his house out there this year but he doesn't have a clue where to go, I got a couple of spots but i thought I would let him terrorize your lake on his own...

Hope the lid can be kept on that 'gill bite.

No one in front of my house, but that is not unusual. I checked the ice sunday. 6 to 7 inches for the 1/2 mile or so I checked.

If he goes where the crowd is, he'll probably do ok.

Oh it will be kept tight, private lake no road access, only about 4 landowners and most of them don't even know there is sunfish in there. Got to see if it is true, find out tomorrow I guess.

MJ,

You're right, there are lots of places for wading fishing. Actually I have caught two of my biggest fish wading, 33, 30 incher. Let both go. But like you, I still like my boat.

Mullet? What's wrong with a mullet? The chicks dug it. ....Or maybe they just felt sorry for me.

Yep, the chicks dug mullets. I cant tease you too much, as there are lots of photos of me with my mullet from those days.

Wasn't having a mullet part of the school uniforms in those days, LOL.

When are you gonna get that fish house out of your yard, Bub?

When I can trust the ice. ...Oh, yeah, when I find a way to get it out there. Think I'm going to put it on South