• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Local Tradgedy

Many of you readers are familiar with Ash Trail businesses, if you ever visited them, chances are you might have known

a gent named "Pollack Mike".

Mike died earlier this week in a head on car accident. Mike in his pick up vs.a semi-truck, Mike lost.

They are going to have a funeral service Mon. nite in Cook,MN. don't know time yet.

Mike will be missed, believe me the trail won't be the same without him. He'll be playing Texas holdem in the sky.

guts

My sympathy goes out too his family.

I hope there is a place in heaven like Voyageurs National Park and Northern MN lake country. Im sure mike will be there. If there is not such a place, I might as well go to hell when I die.

Sorry about the tragedy.

Mark

I knew mike from my two years working at ash-ka-nam. I heard about this tragedy and the next day learned that it was him. He was a great guy, friendly and would do anything for you. He loved spearing and often gave my tips on different decoys to use and tactics that worked well for him. He was a interesting addition to the trail life. He will be greatly missed.

By the way, "pollock" cooked the best pig ever! These are the moments that I remember the most from AKN, helping "pollock" and mike harder roast the pig. He loved this and was deefinately his calling.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about Pollack, I have been going up for the last 18 years and Pollack was a fixture at the resort we leave out of. My group and I always got a good laugh or two evertime we saw him.