• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL walleyes

CC Rocks

I am not sure. I know the DNR was discussing it this summer,somebody on this site should have that info for you.

Sorry.

Walligator

Rumor has is two walleyes under 17 inches. I can live with that. I spend a lot of time fishing Rainy and the current four fish under seventeen regulation seems to be working quite well.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

i heard they taste better now

This is right from the MN DNR..."The walleye regulation calls for a two fish possession limit and a 17- to 26-inch protected slot, with only one over 26 inches allowed in possession." Season opens May 13th, 2006. We may have to take a couple trips up to Upper Red next year to get in on the fun. smile.gif The 10 hour drive is a bit of a killer shocked.gif, but it's awful fun once we're there!

Finaddict, Yes that drive would be brutal but where else can you catch nice walleyes, slab crappies and maybe hook into a trophy pike without even moving the boat! smile.gif The drive to the lake is not as bad as the drive home when you have to leave a lake of that class.

We've fished URL only on ice so far, but are seriously considering a summer trip in '06 since the walleyes will be fair game then. We have been amazed at how the perch bite all day and night in that lake. We had gone to Winni last year prior to URL and had to work for the few perch we got. The 3rd night of our trip we stayed in a sleeper on URL and found a nice mix of perch & crappies with a few walleyes thrown in for fun. The folks who work to make Upper Red the great lake it is are top notch. Don't know if I'd eat the walleyes that come from Lake Winnebago (close to us in WI) with the pcb issues in and around that lake. shocked.gif