• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

reports?

Well guys, it seems like the ice fishin' season has been here forever but tomorrow will be my first time out this winter. Once it gets going it will be over before we know it. Enjoy it while it lasts. I expect this site will be busy about Sunday night with everyone posting results. Well, let's hear em.

Tried Benton yesterday afternoon for a few hours and got 1 little walleye. Fished straight south of Norwegian pt. The ice had opened up there about 20' wide and 100' out from shore. Its only three inches there. Both sides of it were 8". tuk

Tried shetek this evening,close to the grade where fremont enters (west side of grade) ice was 8 "s. just 1 crappie and missed a couple. There were a couple people on east side of grade about 1/2 way to aeriators. They were fishing out in the open and stayed until 7 p.m.(I would think they were catching something to stay out in the open that long with the wind as strong as it was.)

I fished Saturday on East Twin. Caught nothing. The ice totaled 6", with the top 3 frozen slush and the bottom 3 fair ice and under the ice was 4"-24" of slush. I've heard of this happening but never saw for myself. I checked several different areas with the Aquaview and the same.

I talked with five young fellas on Rock lake which had 7" of pretty good ice. They had pulled their huge sleeper house out on the lake. It was sinking as I was talking with them. They had about 4-5" of water on top of the ice around the house. They didn't seem to mind to much. Their beer was cold.

Most all the lakes I looked at (Rock, Dead Coon, Wood, West Dead Coon,West Twin, Current)appeared to have cracks in the ice and water came up on the ice creating huge areas of slush on top of the ice. The mild temps. should shrink the snow pack and hopefully the cold temps. coming soon will freeze things up again and create new ice.

Be careful out there guys. It's going to be a little tricky until we get some more real cold weather.

fished Shetek sunday 3 to 7,we had 1 little walleye & 1 nice crappie. Lots of slush close to shore, but was better after you got out farther! We were west of fremont bridge, about five inches of good ice, were we set up. Watch were you drive!

Hey Chad,

Yes, I'm getting ready. Jeff and I have been out shopping and it appears that the lure for this year is an ultra-violet nuclear flash. I've been trying to check on the bite up there. It sounds like there are alot of houses out on the rock piles but the water is pretty cloudy. Hopefully, the water will be cleared by the time we get there. Do you know if we will all be in one house or will we have two? I will bring the walkie-talkies so I can let you know when I catch the first eye and the biggest eye. Let Dave know what we need to bring for food or just give me a call. Jeff is bringing his cooker for the fish at night. Bring zip locks for freezing take home fish.

Hey Chad,

Is that new rule still in affect from last year? That rule about an eel pout swimming past your hole will cost a dollar. That sure cost me last year. It should cost you guys this year and the new guys. Let it begin.

Hey, as far as i know we will be in 2 houses,we have 2 cabins, 1 which we are in is on the resort and the other is about a 1/4 away. I think we are leaving at 1 on mon. lets make sure we get the new guys to pay, For fishing i heard that the flats where hot but if they move u gotta keep up with them,this week i supposed to be calm so i expect the waters to clear,i got alot of new lures,cant wait.

Anyone been fishing down in the Trimont/Ormsby area? Cedar lake had about 35 houses on it over the weekend. 1/2 portables and 1/2 perms. Guess the crappies had been hittin, but layed off since the full moon. Did well on it Sunday night. 5 Wallies, 1 Crappie and 4 Yellow Bellies....

It sounds good. I made a trip to S.F. last night and picked up another chubby darter and some ultra violet nuclear flashes. I have been pestering Dave about what food to bring. I imagine we need to bring the usual stuff but someone should tell the new guys what to bring. I think we need to bring extra in case we don't catch enough for supper. I can't always catch enough to feed everybody. LOL Yes that's right. You heard it first right here.