• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey do you guys ever fish french in the winter for the big toothies? If any body does or would like to i am planning getting over there a few times this winter to give it a whirl ~ Musky

A buddy of mine usually has a house on french over the deep hole for the crappie action. Sometimes when the fish are brought up from that depth their air bags expand. What happens is that some guys let them go anyway and they flutter just under the ice before they die. We see big muskies cruising just under the ice trying to pick them off. We try to have a sucker minnow on a stout rod down or ready to drop in front of them.

• 2 years later...

Well Muskie season is closed December 15 so I would not advise fishing for them.......It just changed this year check out DNR website for recent changes also it was in fishing regulations on page 5 Regulations that could be Implemented