• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carl's Lake

savageFishinGuy

Attempted fishing Carl's lake last night (12/8). Had to walk around the shallow bay along shore just to get to the point (if you've fished it, you know what I'm talking about). The ice is VERY unpredictable. Hard to believe that the snow has insulated as much as it has. We were able to get out to 7 feet of water before the ice thickness fell below 3". No bites between the four of us that were out there.

I saw your lanterns glowing on my way home about 5:30 or so. i was wondering how the ice was, thanks for the info....

I fished Karls this morning and it was pretty thin. I was straight out from the boat landing toword the gap between the two points. It goes from three inches to 1 inch real quick, so use a lot of caution. I did manage to catch some crappies, sunfish, a nice pike and a real nice bass.

we drove by the lake and down by the landing and saw a half a dozen houses around the point to the left.. woundering the thickness and how you did..