• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If the National Weather Service is correct. We may get some snow blown off the ice on Saturday. Here's a paste for the St.Peter area weather prediction. Keep your fingers crossed.

SATURDAY...BREEZY. CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW.

HIGHS AROUND 30. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH

IN THE AFTERNOON.

I am afraid that may not be strong enought, we could end up with drifts across the whole lake, but than again it cant get any worse than we have now. I just got in from tetonka and I got wet feet. I broke though in about 1.5' water, never had a chance to move, one step was good ice, the next step my foot was wet. Must be time to get the bog skis out!! P.S. DONT TELL MY WIFE

Yep, I know what you're sayin. A wind isn't gonna do a ton to help now anymore, although it may help some. There is a ton of slush on the lakes now and they aren't too safe. It needs to melt and refreeze.

I think that agood wind would help us out alot. It's better than having all of this snow on the lakes for the rest of the winter. If it is strong enough it should take the top layer of snow off and the only thing left will bet the slush. the slush will refreeze and become somwhat decent ice. Then when we get another cold snap there won't be anything left to insulate the ice letting the bottom layer of ice form solid and deep.

This is my theory but I could be totally wrong. BRING ON THE WIND!!!!!!!!!