• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any body willing help a couple of college kids out?

hey is any body shooting geese mankato or in southern mn for that matter? my roommate and i lost our geese due to the cold weather, and we were stuck on what to do so figure what the heck i might as well throw a post out. we have full bodies, lay out blind and good with short reeds, we just have no birds around here any more. We would hire a guide but as the title states college, and we cant afford to spring for one at this point in our college lives, (money that could have been used for something fun like that was used on dekes and such). IF any one wouldnt mind a couple of tag alongs, We would be willing to drive a fair distance to shoot one more time this year, you guys know what i am talking about. If any one is interested in helping us out feel free to shoot out a post. Thank a ton Jonah

we hunt the St. Cloud / Sartell Area and like you we are college students...we have been pounding the geese lately and have a good field for running traffic in on the very edge of town....it would be a decent drive for you but if you want in we probably have a couple spots open either Sat (tomorrow) or perhaps next weekend. let me know

SA/wdw

hey that sounds great, would it be a mornign or afternoon thing? tommorrow sounds good if you guys are up for it.

Musky---I know what you mean being college students and all and the fact that all the geese have left down here. We've been getting a lot of geese up by the cities but can't hunt til next weekend. Just wondering if you possibly wanted to hunt together next year because I go to school at Mankato. I've got full bodies, layout blinds, and short reed calls and all. Well send me a post if you ever want to go chase some critters.

hey...did you happen to talk to a guy named Reed today? If so, he filled me in on your plans of maybe coming up and hunting with us sunday depending upon how we do tomorrow. If not, gimme a call at 320 293-4527. Hopefully the birds fly west of town tomorrow like they did last weekend and the week before.

SA/wdw

if you guys dont mind we would love to come up hunt with you on sunday. thanks a ton and let me knwo the specifics tommorrow

hey browning, if you are hunting up by the cities next weekend and want some one to hunt with let me know i would love to come along

Winnie: we've been hunting straight west of town just south of the Watab River...had a sizeable spread of fullbodies this weekend and ended up pulling in some birds...nothing like last weekend was for us but we did see a ton of birds....just didn't have the field they wanted to be in.

Didn't give you a shout Musky because your number didn't show up on my phone and I didn't have a computer for the weekend...we ended up chasing the roosters and ice fishing Sunday instead anyways. Will give er a go next weekend though and I'll see if I can get out a scout a little this week despite final exams.

SA/wdw

Im assuming that you are in that Traut field with the corn still in it. Kyle told me about that field... he said he and some other guys did pretty well out of a pit they dug out or something. Im assuming that you are Schell but I have been wrong before. took my last final this morning and I am comin home tomorrow night. Ill be on the ice everyday from here on out!!

yeah I am Schell and that was us out there the last few weekends...our pit isn't as nice as the one we had 2 years ago but we did manage to pull all 8 limits out of it last weekend. Opted to hunt the layouts this weekend but the geese just didn't want into the field...only bagged 4 of them as we only took shots on birds that were in tight. If the birds don't start feeding in it this week I think it is gonna be a crap shoot this weekend and may have to try hunting elsewhere or just go fishing. Who is this by the way?

SA/wdw

hey sartell thanks for the offer sorry you didnt shoot many this weekend, my roommate and i went up by the cities and found birds ended up working out really well, thanks again.

yea 8 limits is pretty darn good. I think i would just go fishing, I have done enough hunting this year down here in Marshall. This is Todd by the way. I would like to stay down here to watch the Mustangs dominate your team in bball tomorrow but I am all done with my finals already so im comin home to fish the Rock. Maybe ill cya out there.

yeah we'll see what happens...unfortunately I have a big final next week that I should study for this weekend...will definitely get out for geese at least one day yet though. Bri and I pounded 'em out on the the Rock on sunday...can't wait to fry some up tonight and watch 'em curl in the pan.

Kyle has got to be one of the strangest kids I've ever met...his sense of humor or lack thereof is something to behold smile.gif

SA/wdw