• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty Quiet!

Hockey Guy

It’s been pretty quiet on this hockey forum lately! I know all of us Gopher fans are in mourning, but c’mon. So we’re not as good as we thought we were (or should be), the only thing that matters is getting to the dance. I know it sounds crazy, but I still think that if Donny Lucia can convince Kessle that it’s alright to actually pass the puck occasionally, the Gophers will be there in the end. At least in the final four.

I see Miami in ranked #2 now. That shows you how messed up the polls are. They only have one kid from Minnesota on that team so they can’t be that good. grin.gif If they played in the WCHA they would be toast! So they beat Michigan… What good team hasn’t beat Michigan this year?

This weekend series with NoDak is crucial for the Goph's.

I'm not worried about the team yet, I wait until the end of January to formulate an opinion.... it's just too early with these teams to guess how they will be playing as a team later in the year. Alot of talented freshman on a few teams and if they can put it together... who knows. Other than Wisconsin I am not sure who in the WCHA I would say is better than us??? Maybe CC, but CC got swept by Denver and we took 3 of 4 points IN Denver!! Nodak??? We get them on their home ice this weekend so ask me about them after we play them back in Mpls on Jan 13/14th. If we can take 3 of 4 from UND this year then I say we finish in second place, otherwise a 4th place finish is possible.

It's been really quiet and for good reason...... Your gophers just aren't playing on all cylinders at this point. Like was said above, wait until January for an accurate evaluation. Talk is cheap in December. Ain't that right Pierre!

If they fall again this weekend, I won't be too sad. I must admitt they have been a fun team to watch because they can open it up offensively. Defense and goaltending are the question marks. I think another question mark is toughness. The gophers lack that Chris McAlpine, Jim Boo, or even a Matt DeMarchi even though he wasn't the smartest player in gopher history.

This weekend is going to be some fast end to end hockey. Two teams that open it up full throttle. No neutral zone trapping allowed, just two on ones and three on twos. More for North Dakota - I hope!

May the best team win!

Quote:

I think another question mark is toughness. The gophers lack that Chris McAlpine, Jim Boo, or even a Matt DeMarchi even though he wasn't the smartest player in gopher history.

You are not kidding!! Right on the money Red!! The defensemen on this team are soft, my criticism starts with Harrington and ends with the lack of a good backcheck. This weekend should be fun.

Quote:

North Dakota 6

Minnesota 5

Saturday

North Dakota 2

Minnesota 2

Fri- Gophers 4 Sioux 3

Sat- Sioux 4 Gophers 2

Good Luck to the Gophers...

I'm off to Haskels their having a French wine sale..

Later PIERRE... cool.gif

Quote:

I'm off to Haskels their having a French wine sale..

Later PIERRE

Hey bud, don't forget the cake! grin.gifgrin.gif