• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The snow blanket has slowed the ice making. With all the cold days and nights, one would expect 8 inches or better...however, the main lake ice is thinner...there was a house and fourwheeler that went through on Wednesday night. House floated enough and was removed...fourwheeler sank, and a dive crew had to recover it. This was off the west end access.

The shore ice is 4-5 inches..but further out it was less than 3. Miltona has been iced up for about a week. But it snowed immediately after icing....be very careful if you're heading to midlake structure...

I was upto the east end yesterday, they are on the shallow bay out from the east ramp. A couple of guys are running AFV's on the bay and there are a number of houses out. No one has hit the main lake yet... I would bet that the ice is guite thin on the main lake basin.

I checked the ice yesterday, it was at 5-6 inches on the east side. I am a bit surprised at how slow its coming along!This warm weather isn't going to help!

We still had open water this time last year. In fact I don't think Miltona iced up until about the 14th or 15th, as I recall.

Any updates in regards to Miltona? Are there houses on the "big" part of the lake yet?

For the most part, the perm houses are not out on the mid lake structure, yet. There are a fair amount of 4 wheelers and portables out on some of the walleye structure, however.