• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Carnelian and Lake Elmo

I was wondering if anybody had any good hints for fishing either of these lakes. i was wondering about walleyes on big carnelian and northerns. i know lake elmo is one of the last to freeze so i was wondering what bbites best out there and the general area. is there any walleyes out there i was also wondering

Atown,

we got a cabin on the west side of carnelian. we have a house that we pull out that i usually stay at on the weekends. for pike its almost fail proof to put a tip-up along the shore and pull in the pike. for walleyes i have caught a couple in that lake in the 20 years i have fished there. almost all have been in winter and while i was sleepin and the rattle reels goin off. there isnt alot. in the lake. if ya ever see a house with a old dakota or a polaris indy 500 by it stop by and say hi. i usually travel around during the day and then hit the sleeper at night.

iceman

anyone been ou there yet? will be goin out to the cabin to work on the ice house and get the beds put in it. and do alittle fishing on the side wondering how the ice is. thanks for any advice.

iceman

Sorry, i havent been up there yet this year. i plan on going real soon though and when i do i will post a report

was out there this weekend. had 6-8 inches infront of our cabin. lot of slush. had the sled out for a ride around the shore. lots of tracks out there. was just tip-up fishing. didnt have any takers missed some but was busy in the sleeper workin on it gettin it ready to pull out. hope to have it out in two weeks.

iceman

Any reports on the ice thickness in the middle of Big Carnelian? I know the shorelines have 6-8, but what about towards the middle of the lake? I watched the lake as it froze. There was a sheet of ice about 100 feet off shore and the rest was open water. My guess is the ice varies considerable as you move accross the lake. Any reports would be appreciated. Thanks.

i was out there christmas eve. i was just out in front of the cabin and about 200 yards out i swear there was car tracks in the snow. it was melting fast but from what it looked like there was a car/truck out there. i did see on the east side there was a truck on shore. still to early for me.

iceman