• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone at all been on fannie this winter yet? How thick is the ice been around the area?

podunk

Hey ya rooster, thanks for the info. Do youlive around the area? if you are out and see a dark blue tarp ice house stop on by and say hi.

podunk

I live on Spectacle lake, I do my spearing on fannie. If I see you out there I will stop by and see how things are going. I will post any updates/ reports that I have.

Good luck fishing

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinkning about heading out on fannie but it doesn't look like there has been much action there at all...anyone hear different.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Neighbor has been getting Pike on tip-ups out there, over now of course. Driving out in his Ram 1500 with no worries. Many vehicles on Fannie and Skogman in the last week or so. I have been doing okay on Crappies, but are mostly smaller in size. Have not been out in a week. Post if you have any luck or get out.

I have been in 28 fow, 6-8 ft of the bottom. Using Crappie minnows, seems the smaller, the better. Was on Skogman, by the way....(Keep in mind, this is a couple of weeks ago now)

River-rat4

• 2 months later...

OK it is 05-28-06 has anyone been out there at all? I am headin out on tues

podunk

I was out on Fannie sat. morning. Picked up a few sunnies along with 3 crappies and a couple of bass.

I was parked off the hwy 95 boat launch. When I came off the lake my buddy and I noticed that someone backed into my boat trailer. Broke off the left side tail light, with some light damage to the trailer. Total HIT AND RUN !!!

Lucky that I live close to Fannie lake, driving home with one tail light.

that sucks man, I am headin out on Sun.....are the eyes still hittin by the south end river headin out? I usually try to middle for pannies and bass by the growth....if ya see a small 12ft dark tan boat with a 5 1/2 johnson stop on by....

podunk

did good on sun.......the pannies were biting on anything, lead head with no bait! Then I caught 3 bass 2 16 to 17" and one just under 20" had several more strikes but missed ....good luc

podunk

• 5 weeks later...

was just out the otherday along the patch and caught a couple more nice fighters (bass) around the 16 mark.....nice and fat too, took one home and he tasted good.....man those bass are still hittin on there

• 2 weeks later...

anything hittin on fannie or skogman? Any lakes hittin surrounding the area? all tips appreciated.

podunk

Have been meaning to get out there and no luck. Too busy. This week I hope. I will keep you posted, Skogman wise....

River-rat4

(Cambridge)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of 1-21-07, 13 inches of ice (fairly consistant).

Fished from 4-9PM and was better than limit with some sorting. Not big fish, but barely okay. Lake had some traffic, but not too bad.

Vehicles are driving out. I wouldn't, but some are.

river-rat4

Hey,

I've been wanting to do some tip-up fishing on Fannie for Northern. Anyone know of any good places for this?

Thanks..........

Go straight out from the swimming beach access to the point. There is a pretty good weed line there. My son pulled a 6 lb through the hole yesterday.

Good Luck!!

Sounds good - I think I know that weed line. There's usually a few houses sitting there I think. What kind of bait were you using for the northern. I guess I was thinking some shiners should work. Thanks!

Hey tyroneo1 do ya have a permanent house on fannie?If you see a 8x8 barn type of shack stop on by.

Tyrone01 It is in a group of 4 or 5 houses just northwest of the grass islands at the south end ,the fishhouse is light brown with green trim and a barn style roof. Where is your house?I was out last night with my 12 year old from 4:30 TO 7:00 we got 18 crops and 2 gills most were small. The crappies don't seem to grow very fast in fannie.

our house is over by the swimming beach access. the little green one with wheels. I am going to try to get out there today.