• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red Door

Trytti

I just purchased a shack up at the Red Door resort. Just curious how the ice is out from the resort. Any tips on areas to get to on foot for walleyes would be much appreciated. Thinking of coming up this weekend to license the big house and get it ready.

Thanks!

Hey trytti, we're at Barnacles. Usually we try to work the north end of the east flat or the north finger of the welmer flat. This weekend might be a little soon to go out that far...if your hoofing it I'd probably only go out to the 10'-12' first brake. That's still about 500 yards out rather than a mile or so. It'll be a bit safer! We'll be up there too. Good luck.

J.S.

JS. Thanks for info! Looking like it is going to be next weekend before I make it up.

J Smith,

Do you fish that break at all during the winter (early)? I have never tried it up there in the winter. Always seem to fish the mud on the east side or I always like sloppy's.

I like to fish up there in the spring on top and at the bottom of the break. There are some decent spots in the "muck" by Barnevelds and where it switches to sand. Very nice!

Walleye 71 I usually dont fish the sand break this early I usually like to fish the w.side and the e.side in about 6-10 fow. I just suggested he did that instead of going out to the flats due to the high risk factor at this time.

When it's first ice I usually like Doe Island or the north side of roll-in bay on the rocks. It seems the walleye's I've encountered have been hanging around the bowling ball sized rock. I jusy got a report today that the eye's are biting fast and furious in Cove bay. I don't know exactly where but I'll bet their in 8' on the north side of the bay.

I'll be staying at the fish house @ barnacles but I'll be traveling to Doe Island to fish. When the Ice is good we'll be on e.flat more than likely.

Digger Jack, why yes I would be one of the Kiester Trytti's.

I am Eric, my Dad is Paul and my brother is Jon.

Eric... I figured it was you. It's Doug. How's the family? Still with Fastenal?

Congrats on the shack... I have fished out of the Red Door a few times, but we were driving out to the flats. These days we fish mostly the west side. Boated a nice, fat 27" on 11/10.

We should connect sometime this winter... good to hear from you. Later...

Doug

Dougie, how's it going? Still with Fastenal. We will definitely have to get out up there. Elz, and Miller are the other co-owners of the shack. My bro and Festis are planning on making it up there with me too.

I'll be up there next weekend more than likely.

My email is [email protected] Send me your email and we will make a game plan.