• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rainy Accessibility

I am unfamiliar with Rainy Lake. Is there a reasonable area to walk out from a landing or resort that allows it to fish for crappies or walleyes? Or do you have to cover a lot of "ground" in order to get to a spot that would produce?

Thanks for any advice.

Most folks will travel the lake with a snowmachine or ATV until it's safe to drive but you could walk out to a couple popular areas like Birch point or northeast from ShaSha resort - it would be a hike of around a mile or so each way.

Rainy has a lot of current in certain areas so it's best to follow where others have been if you're not familiar. There are areas where the ice can be questionable about anytime.

I fished out of the Rainy Lake Marine road access a couple of times last year and did pretty well. My buddy and I spent a week fishing Red, L.o.t.w., and Rainy. We had the best fishing on Rainy. Almost always had fish on the vex. I think the road access fee was $5.00. Good Luck!