• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice on Alexander

I saw a few brave souls out from the north end on Sun. They would have been just west of what used to be the Castaways Club. (not sure what its called now) They were out there quite aways. I'm sure there are plenty of people fishing in the thourofare. (out from the west landing.)

Not sure how thick the ice is.

Went out tonight on East end and there was 5-6 inches. I caught five and kept four, not the biggest but they are going to taste good.

yeah, was out all day saturday.. 54 perch, from 8.30 am until 5.45pm.. one thru 2.30 was dead.. 2 walleyes.. at 4.45.. 19 and a 14.. released everything, just there for the fun of catching.. ice was 5.5 inches.. thanks out to the guys that offered the ride back to acces.. red head lamp was me.....

anynall, was it windy where you were? i was out with my wife and my dad and all we caught were a few perch. the wind was terrible, my dad kept getting blown around. his minnow bucket tipped over and all but three went down the hole. he said he had to prop his foot in the hole to keep from sliding. we only stayed until five, dad had enough.

Thanks for the replys, was out on Sat from about 2:30 till 5:30, 3 eyes one over 25" (he went back) 7" of ice. Windy it was, not enough snow to bank the portable and had to keep you feet on the ground to keep from getting blown away. But oh what fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I put my house out on Saturday afternoon, caught one and missed two. Got one little one Sunday morning, havn't been out since. I was marking alot of fish both times but they werent interested.

The east end seems to be doing pretty good yet, but there is more slush on the ice there.

ANYONE HAVE A ICE UPDATE ON ALEX. HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO OUT THERE YET. FISHING ON THE RIVER HAS STILL BEEN PRETTY GOOD.

On saturday there was 8-9 inches of ice. Starting to get some slushy spots.

Where you fishing on the river? South of Swan River? I heard they were getting some down there.

Live4,

Where do you fish. My parents live by the pipeline and I've never had much luck down there. I fish more north of Little Falls.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled my house off today. The water and slush is getting bad. It took two four wheelers hooked together and still got stuck once. We hit a spot where there was about 8" of slush water mix. The forecast is for more snow/rain or both, just wanted to get it off the lake before it got worse out there.

Was out sunday afternoon, typical 4:30 bite started missed one,and one got off at the hole. Was using my summer graph and at about the time I lost the fish at the hole there was also a big fish on my graph, I assume a SKI. Any way after I saw what I thought was a ski or a big northern I did not mark another fish. I assume he laid out there off my hole a ways and scared everything off. I have done a lot of spearing in the past and you can always tell when something is big in the area as everything scatters. So for the first time in a while I went away empty handed.