• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Honda generator owners read this

minnbowhunter

Question

I bought a 1000eu last year and love it. Quiet and dependable. I started having trouble keeping it running.

It would start and run about 15-20 seconds then die.

I talked to the gen. guy at Northern Hydralics and found out that Honda says change the oil every 8 hours. The darn thing will run 8 hours on a tank of gas(less than a gallon)

I changed the oil and it runs great. I now change the oil be for I leave home every time I use it. Very easy to do, takes about 2 minutes. Maybe this will help someone avoid my problems.

2 answers to this question

honda's have a very sensitive oil level sensor that will shut the engine down when the oil level drops alittle.

When I had mine I often would experience that problem. I also just got to where I would change it every couple of times out. Here I thought I discovered something.