• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open spot on North Long

What bay was the open area on North Long at? I want to fish north long with a portable/snowmobile off the Paul B Trail from the east side and don't want to risk going where that spot was in case its frozen over with only thin ice. Thanks.

I'm assuming that you are referring to the mysterious black hole that sometimes opens up. That area is on the east side of the 371 bay. You should be OK anywhere in the Merrifield bay. Just be careful in the channel areas that seperate the main lake from the bays.

Jason Erlandson

I was out on north long last night, fished in the vicinity of sullivans on the north side. The fish are there but really picky, i threw everything but my vexilar at them, and i'm still going to be eating beef for dinner. I had 5.5 inches of ice too, that was my point of the post. Keep in mind the middle didn't freeze over until a few days after the area i spoke of. good luck

Bowtech,

I have a place on 371 bay down the road from s&w.Is there an access on the north side of the main lake thru one of the resorts?let me know if you can.Thanks,Burl.

Burl, I have family that live by sullivans, so they have gotten permission in the past to go out of the resort. I think if you were to stop in and ask them if you could go out there, they wouldn't mind. I know other people use it as well. give em a call. Bowtech

Check with Sullivan's otherwise you can access the main lake off the end of Birchdale Rd. behind the raceway. That access is on the south side of the main lake.

Jason Erlandson

I am pretty sure I know who Bowtech is and he sould probably think about a SALAD for dinner next time! But on a more serious note this is some of the best first ice I have seen in a long time.

That was funny! Everybody welcome trencherguy, he fishes off the zorbaz dock all summer, and bar harbor. You might have bumped in to him, he also drives a 79 plymouth duster, super nice guy, he specializes in catching unusually small sunfish, great for the kids. haha. How have you been bud!

Not to bad. I thought that was you. And just to clear the air it's a dodge Diplomat not a duster. But anyway, been out lately? We will have to get out and get some soon.

Northlong tonight and not sure about sunday. I'm already thinkin of chasing down some big crappies, any ideas? Diplomat - duster, whats the difference. Has anyone else been after crappies?