• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Report

Mo Gator

Can anyone give a recent report on the ice on BIG POND? Specifically the south and east sides...

Also, anyone catching any fish?

How come you just don't go up there and try it yourself without any fishing reports? If you know the lake you should find fish its that simple, Don't take the easy way out!

Hey Gator, check the Chapmans website, as of the 5th they said they have 7" and they are walking/ATVing out in the bays. Hope this helps. I am headed up friday and sunday.

Cubbies

Someone must of gotten up on the wrong side of the fishhouse. Jeez-the guy just wanted an ice report. What's wrong with that?

Maybe we should start a new thread for "people that know lakes so well, they don't need any ice/fishing reports"

tipup07, he was asking about how the ice is forming, he wasnt asking for a hand-out at all. that is what the forum is for, to help others out. keep your posts at ten, and shut up

That comment just reminded me of Woody Harrelson in Kingpin. He's just sitting next to a guy at the bar quietly & looks over to him & yells out "Who you callin psycho!"

tip up I see you've only made 10 posts. You should learn what this sight is about before you post something like that. Most of us are on here to give AND get info. If I misunderstood your post I apologize. Kid

Hey Mo Gator,

How's the ice forming around your area (Buffalo)? It's really slow going here in the metro and Im looking at heading north to get some fishing in, Any intel will help.

Thanks.

TT

Hey guys just got back from the big pond and here's my report. I was about two miles south of malmo on the east side and the ice was almost nine inches about 125 yards from shore. But the shore had snow and ice built up so it was only about five inches by shore. I didn't fish or heard any reports on the fishing but there was about five or six people out with portables and one perm out of fishers. I also say a four wheeler driving out of agate bay about a half mile out. The eyes only have two more days of safety left till i get back up this weekend. Good luck and be carefull. laugh.gif

Hey Tip Up - I am a full time student at Minnesota State Mankato finishing up my Fall semester of my senior year, majoring in accounting. I happen to be a little busy this time of year, and I also happen to be an avid Mille Lacs fisherman who knows the lake very well.

My family has a trailer at Hunter's Point, I've been fishing the lake since I've been able to walk. My dad runs a Crestliner 202 Tournament with a 200 Evinrude on the back, we usually have no problem finding the fish (in the open water that is laugh.gif).

Asking for an ice report is one of the most common posts on this site at this time of year, who do you think you are replying like that? Gary Roach?

I wish I was as good of a fisherman as you are grin.gif

Hey Mo I also run a 202 tourney. I have the 225 yamaha and the T8 kicker on mine. I like it but I would never get the steering attached again though I would rather have the tiller kicker.

KidWalleye - hate to go off subject in the Ice Report forum but I too love to talk walleye boats. I couldn't agree more with having the tiller unattached to the steering. Ours is attached, and turning to the right is a pain. And, if you are trolling you might as well be sitting in the back of the boat (assuming you have a graph back there).

Question: What do you get for a top speed out of that rig with the Yammy, we get 53 on the GPS with glass surface water (200 hp 2 stroke, 2 people in boat).

PS: Sorry if I made too much of a spectical out of Tip Ups' post, I just have a hard time dealing with posts like that. I resort to this site to "get away from it all" while at school, not to get into meaningless struggles with others who are having a bad day.

Hope everyone who is fortunate enough to be able to "go out on their own without taking the easy way out" is having a good, safe time on the ice.

LET'S HEAR SOME REPORTS, WHO IS GOING OUT ON THE POND AND WHO IS CATCHING FISH. To report WHERE you are getting your fish isn't necessary, I'm sure everyone visiting this forum is capable of going out on their own to find fish.

Good Luck!! cool.gif

Alright guys.... wink.gif

Tipup07,

Welcome to the forums and this is THE site that fisherman of all kinds come to get information as well as share their information. I do the same thing as Mo Gater (ask questions about ice, bites, etc. on a lake) as I don't get a chance to fish other than the weekends normally. So I rely on the forums as well as info. I capture at a bait store, etc.

If you choose not to give any information and just read along others info./post, fine.

Hope you enjoy the forums and good luck to you on the ice.

Hey kpp,

How big was that permanant house out there? I know it's been cold and making some good ice, but i'm one of those that like plenty of solid ice under my feet when i'm sitting in my permanant, just curious.

Quote:

but there was about five or six people out with portables and one perm out of fishers.

I sure thought MoGator asked a legitimate question. It was pretty general as to anyone catching fish. I don't think he was looking for any GPS Cords, sounds like he might be someone who could provide a few. This is a great forum and lots of info passed along without trying to park someone right at your front door. good luck and hold onto your rod. Bill

Mo Gator and others,

I just talked to a guy last nite (Wed, 12/7)who lives on the lake. Let me preface this by saying I am not making this up....but individuals are actually driving vehicles (automotive types) out to Sloppy Joes (2 miles +) on 8" of ice. I had him repeat his statement because I might have missed something as I fell to the floor shocked.gif He wasn't kidding. Talk about a death wish!

Hey Tip Up,

How the fish biting. How much ice is there. If the fish are biting where do you fish out of? Can I get GPS coordinates of your best spots? Any non moronic info from you would be greatly underappreciated because I dont think anyone wants your help anymore.

Thanks Buddy,

EastCental

I was up there all week on the north end. Monday there was 5" of ice by yesterday morning there was 8". There were 3 vehicles on the ice on St. Alban's bay. There are houses way out on Garrison reef.

I did all my fishing on the first break in 14'. The afternoon bite was great. Small spoon w/ half a crappie minnow worked best. If you are catching small perch move. When you find the walleyes that is all you'll catch. grin.gif

fishfearme great report, I cant wait to get up there, I was going to try and get the ice report from Tipup07 before leaving though laugh.gif

My group fishes out of Mac's, we just got an update from them today. They indicated that they have 7-8 inches of ice in the bay. People have been walking out for a number of days, with some four wheeler traffic as well.

Haven't heard much about the fishin except that it is supposed to be really good. Will find out soon enough.

I WAS OUT ALL DAY IN FRONT OF LIBERTY BEACH AND WAS MEASURING 4-6 INCHES OF ICE. BEST BITE WAS EARLY AS SUN ROSE, 3 NICE EYES TO BIG TO KEEP, WORKED OUTSIDE OF WHAT WE CALL QUARTER MILE. MY BUDDY WORKS THE SOUTH END OF THE LAKE AND SAID THERE ARE GUYS ALREADY DRIVING CARS AND LIGHT TRUCKS OUT! 12/09/05

Tipup07 sounds like he has to be hostile to everyone that does not do everything exactly his way. It is sad one guy can turn a thread into a joke instead of useful information. I went back and looked at all of his posts and he is hostile to everyone so don't feel bad! I plan on going to Mille Lacs next weekend and maybe if I catch some I will post my GPS coordinates, lol.

My buddy and I were on Rocky Reef Thursday and measured a solid 8.5" up to a mile out. We saw some folks venture out about another mile with 4 wheelers. Nice ice too, real smooth and froze solid. Might be driving by next weekend if things keep up.

We have 11-13 inches of ice here in wahkon bay. driving pickups and suv's out. have been fishing northerns mostly but that kind of fishing is AWESOME. we are definatly getting tons of the. with some BIG ones in the mix. im not lying at all.went out fishing walleye tonight no luck. saw one on the camra but thats it. good luck to everyone on the lake. oh yeah by the way tipup, sounds to me like ur one of those kind of fisherman that think they know it all, dont like helping others out?, better hope i dont see you on the ice stuck. im going to wave smile and keep going. on the otherhand if i saw anyone else on this site needing any help no matter how small, im going to stop and help them out. i bet you are very hated on mille lacs.