• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey team Otter i have been noticing that you do some goose hunting, i am a college student at Gustavus and an avid outdoorsman my self. We ran into a problem yesterday, all of our geese left with the cold weather, I know that you fishin the Park Rapids Area some times in the summer,and i am guide in that area. I was wondering if you would be willing to help a fellow sportsman out and in return we could get out around Park Rapids in the summer. I have gear layout blinds, Full bodies, great short reeds, Just need some where to go. Let me know what you think. THanks Jonah

I haven't been out since Sunday and that was poor because the geese pulled a fast one on us and went out to feed a different direction. Saturday was good though in that heavy snow. We had some great "in your face" hunting.

The geese are still around here. They seem to be pretty hearty this year. Not too many small geese left.

If things pan out at work, I'm headed for Fergus Falls this weekend, so I can't help out for around here. However, let's still try to connect. Are you planning on attending our upcoming winter get-together?

i will make plans to make it to the winter get together, is it hard to get on land around la seuer? i have some friends coming down and the birds we have been hunting around saint peter lots the water they were sitting on. Any info would be great. THanks

I have cousins who own a good share of land near Le Sueur and they are usually pretty good about letting people on. I could point you in the right direction.....unless of course T.O. has already been hunting there? grin.gifgrin.gif

Land is fairly easy to come by but the geese are very unpredictable. They may be going west out of town for a week straight and then all of sudden change their mind and go south for a night.

hey guys thanks for all the info i will go look around tommorrow and try and find some birds any advise where to start? north, south,east or west? thanks again for all the help. really want to harvest a few more before the end of the year. Jonah

went over to look today, didnt see much besides crows north of town. Do they use the river? we looked over the river but didnt see any bird. we will look again in the morning

The geese were moving hard to the south from town today between 3:30 and sundown. Big numbers around yet.

hey to thanks so much for the help we will be out looking tommorow with the plat book in hand. hey i hope you kick them up there in fergus, i hope you do real well.

most of the time I see them heading south between 3:00 and 4:30 p.m., just on the east edge of town. When I do, it's usually 300-400 birds.

Not heading to Fergus. Work has me more than consumed. I'll probably be out around here tomorrow evening.

you think you will be out tommorrow? is there any way we might bum along? if not thats no biggy at all. thanks again. Jonah

I'll probably be out this afternoon and evening. We don't have any room for additional hunters. Sorry.

We shot geese but it wasn't what it could have been. That wind made it tough to decoy but we still managed some birds. We'll be out again this afternoon for more. Should go much better today!

Team Otter,

was that your white F-150 that I saw parked along the tree line southeast of town? Hopefully you did good today. The birds were really flying. I must have seen close to a thousand birds while pheasant hunting just east of town. Most were flying to the southeast but their flight pattern switched closer to town.

hey T.O. I got permission on a field about a mile south of the one you were on saturday night, we shot 10 and could have harvested more but figured that 10 was enough for us to clean, thanks for the help you gave me to find the birds. ~Jonah