• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnetonka - Saturday, January 28

Matt Johnson

***UPDATE: meeting place has been changed to Maxwell Bay***

The first "Metro Walleye Get Together - Ice Fishing" outing!

Satuday, January 28 - Lake Minnetonka

7am - Maxwell Bay access

We'll meet at the access and then split up into groups and scope out the lake for possible walleye areas. Then we'll meet up again at Maxwell Bay in the afternoon to figure out where we want to go for the evening. Then we'll catch some walleye smile.gifwink.gif

We'll probably also spend a little time chasing pannies and pike during the day as well.

So, let's see who's going to make it, should be a lot of fun!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Johnson

• metrojoe

• markkstanley

• John Mickish

I'm in for sure, but I'll need to get pointed in the right direction on that lake. There is nothing wrong with pannies and pike during the day too.

Like I said before, count me in, and possibly a buddy of mine too! I have never fished tonka, so I will need a bit of direction as well, but this should be a lot of fun!

I'll be there. Hopefully with some decent walleye spots. No problem with the pannies and pike spots. Got plenty of those.

I put it on my calendar... Count me in... I'm up for chasing pannies all day then maybe trying a little walleye in the evening.

I'm new to this forum but would love to come to the event. Never had much luck on Minnetonka but would love the opportunity to learn about it.

Deitz and I were talking and with this many people possibly attending, maybe we switch the meeting place to the Maxwell Bay access? There's a lot more room there on shore for us to park and set up a plan of attack, then we can go to different parts of the lake from there. So make note... I'm going to switch the meeting point to the Maxwell Bay access at 7am.

I think that's my wifes weekend off, If so.. and nothing else changes, I plan on attending! SHould be a blast!

My first time ice fishing was on this lake with my uncle back in '87 or so. I haven't been back since, but have always wanted to try this lake again in my adult years. How could I pass up an opportunity like this? Count me in!

I'm in. Should be fun. I know a few walleye spots. This may seem like a funny question but are people allowed to bring beer? Do people meet up for lunch. If so I'll bring a grill.

I'll more than likely be there in a group of at least 3, maybe 4. Should be a blast, if that WBL get-together was any indication of how fun these can be.

Here's the list so far...

Matt Johnson

mnfishinguy

metrojoe

WallyGator12000

markkstanley

SportFishin’

Deitz Dittrich

TeddyBoy

Askov

Maximum12

Kylersk

hovermn

KidWalleye

Josh8481

samtroy

Moby we have to sneak away and fish that spot that doesn't hold any fish grin.gif Want to do a little fishing before 7??

If we don't have my mom's b-day party that day, I'll see you guys out there.

I was planning on bringing a "care package" with beer, venison sausage, chips and soda. This is an all day event. A guy needs to stay hydrated and nourished.

I count a possible 28 people so far. As long as the weather isn't doing anything stupid that day this is going to be fun grin.gif

Now this is what I'm talking about! Great response!

Here's the updated list...

Matt Johnson

mnfishinguy

metrojoe

WallyGator12000

markkstanley

SportFishin’

Deitz Dittrich

TeddyBoy

Askov

Maximum12

Kylersk