• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ottertail Ice and Fishing Report

Last night 12/6 I tuffed it out and walked out to the first break off of Pelican Bay. Half way out to the break I drilled one hole and had 4-5 inches of ice. Got out to the break, drilled two holes and had 5 inches. Put my first line down and had 18 feet of water. Put my second line down and the bobber wouldn't stand up. I pulled the line and had my first walleye. 15 mins later I had a 2nd walleye, a nice 18 incher on the ice. Tried starting the lantern... empty, should of looked at that before leaving :-) Just to (Contact US Regarding This Word) excited to get out there. Anyways it was cold with no fishhouse to be in. But only being out there for an hour with no flasher or anything i thought it was a successfull trip. I have heard that ice ranges from 4 to 12 inches right now on OT. Hopefully I will be out there thurs fri and sat.

Was there much snow on top of the ice? Just curious...there could be ATV-thickness ice by this weekend, with these temps...

If it's anyting like the lakes am fishing about an inch or two but I have not seen OT

I havent seen any trucks yet thats for sure...i did hear theres 15 inches on deer lake and a huge 15 footer out there thats the most ice i've heard of so far this year

For those reading this thread who have never fished Deer and East Lost, be careful. There are a couple spots on those lakes that are never safe at any time due to current.

Yeah, i heard some lady went off the built up road by Norway Lake with her car and never went through.. I heard from a friend too that someone was driving on Bass lake a couple days ago... I've been out once on a lake and there was 5-6 inches .. I guess theres 10 inches on pelican in the Narrows.. Other lakes people are driving on I heard too... There nuts if you ask me..

If ya find some good Ice hollar!!

TB

Well I know on the little lake a fish last weekend there was just about 10inchs witch I could not belive!

Went out fishing again last night 12/8 on OT. This time I brought my father and my otter fish house and no four wheelers.... That magnum lodge gave us a workout crazy.gif. Anyways got out there and were fishing by 4. There was 6 inches of good ice. We caught 8 walleyes and 4 perch. Only kept 1 walleye and 1 perch though. Tried out the new rod rocker 2 from todays tackle. It worked great. I also caught my first walleye on a chubby darter. Hope to be out again Saturday all day. Any one have a ice report from Walker Lake?

hey Benjamin, any way you would let me know where abouts your at on OT, wanted to get out on Sunday, maybe even fish with ya if interested.....lemme know

I've been fishing straight out from the Pelican Bay Access on the first break in 18ft of water. I will be in a Green otter fish house/yellow otter sled being pulled by a kawasaki prairie quad.

Pelican Bay access? where is that? i am knew to OT never really fished it before, i mostly go for Pannies, but wanna try first ice on OT

If you are coming from Bens bait I can't think of the road am no good with roads I just know where am going what is that access called!

ooo.gifCouldn't believe it, but there was a truck on OT this afternoon on the SW side of the lake, about 1.5 miles off shore. I went out about 1/2 mile and there was 7-8 inches of ice. Anybody see the truck that went through on West Battle yesterday?? Anyone with reports from the Graystone area on OT?

Last night, I walked about a mile out almost straight south of the Riveria Ranch Access last night and was surprised to see only 4-5 inches where I was. My buddy pulled his house out on the other side of the lake and found 7 inches. Be careful!!!!!