• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Rock

alwaysfishin

I see on the "Ice Report" thread that some people had ventured out on Little Rock already. I was curious if the thickness is becoming safer for travel with these temps we're getting. Just bought an early Xmas present in a Marcum LX-2 today and now I have the bug. Planning on going out tomorrow morning if it's possible. Any areas to start looking would be appreciated.

alwaysfishin

Was on the lake today and there was atvs and sleds going all over out there on the rock. There was also several trucks parked on the ice near shore, so it would be pretty safe to say you could move about out there. We were out there for about six hours and caught only small perch and a few crappies. wink.gif

Made it out this morning and the perch were biting well. Caught a bunch of very nice ones that had a been keeping them I would have brought home. Great to get out for the first time this year!!!

I tried again today and got the same luck, caught some real nice ones I hope it keeps up. I was probably by you if you were in the same area. I was hoping the eye's would be following behind but no luck.

grin.gif

Well i'm going to give it a try tonight first time out this year. Where is everyone fishing it seems that early in the season everyone goes off erdman's point. I'll post my results sometime tomarrow.

I'm not very familiar with this lake, I just follow normal structure patterns, but where is Erdman's Point? The folks at Stop Light Bait in St. Cloud told me the walleyes are biting on the rock pile. Is that near Erdman's Point??

Erdmans point is located on the SE end of the lake. The rock pile i think that you are talking about is farther down the channel to the mississippi. It does get rather shallow aroud that rock pile during open water they put up markers. Last night i was fishing the main basin and caught a decent number of perch and 2 crappies. The houses on the lake are rather scatter right now and seemed to be close to shore. Word of advice if you have a gps use it there wasn't anyone on the good structure in the middle of the lake. Good Luck!

Fished today 3-5:30, still only perch. All were right at 10", some of them were pretty fat. I think tomorrow I'm gonna try the deep drop off out from the public access. The permanents are really starting to go out there now.

I was out there on Sat. fished all day caught tons of perch a few keepers. Once it got dark we got into some crappies but the school went through quick and never came back. The walleyes are very tuff to find we caught 3 but they were small <10".

I fished from 8am-5pm on Sunday. The fish were biting the second I popped the first hole. Totals for the day were about 60 perch, 3 crappies, 1 walleye, 1 LM Bass, and 1 shiner. The biggest perch was 12" and there were about 20 over 10". The walleye taped out at 18". The crappie was also a welcome suprise at 12". I fished Rush Lake a lot last year, so that 12 incher looked like a giant. We fished many spots all in 10 fow. All the bigger fish came before 10 am. The perch provided action all day, but they came in schools of bigger and then smaller ones. Another guy was close by in 7 fow and we found out later that he iced 10 very nice perch in no time. He was fishing out of the hole I used to check the ice thickness...doah. The spot I fish is not by any other ice houses. The bottom is very flat and boring, but for some reason we always catch fish.