• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies

vexilar65

There is a lot of talk about people going to Red, but what has the report been? Nobody is saying much. Just curious, i havent been there yet, too busy fishing down here in Bemidji area. Feel free to share.

I'd appreciate any information as well. I'm headed up there early Friday and going to possibly make a stop on URL on the way to LOTW if the report is favorable.

Thanks guys!

Was out on Red sunday 2 miles out of Rogers with the wheeler. No crappies, two walleyes and a perch. Everyone I talked to (resorts/bait shops) haven't heard much yet due to a lack of people fishing. I would expect things to pick up this weekend and we'll probably get some reports. Sounds like they may allow smaller vehicles to drive out. There is some decent sized drifts out there just for a heads up. The ice could be a little thinner beneath them. Also our lack of fish could have been due to a lack of mobility. It was the first trip out for the year and it was far from pleasant with the temps and wind so we just bunkered down. We may be headed back that way again this weekend and will post results. GOOD LUCK!