• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys I am coming back home from MSU and was wondering if the ice is thick enough for this weekend. I want to go out to game haven or the mannor lakes.

Hey Hooves, I would guess by this weekend we should be fine.

I'm thinking we're gonna hit the Manor this weekend, so if you see a Otter flip over shack stop by and say hi. I should have my American flag flying by me. You can't miss that!

Welcome to FM hooves.

Most everything will have ice by then. And if you see an Otter with a flag, look for one advertising the Red Hat Society.....i hear Dan is changing over.lol

Hooves,

Welcome to FM. If your planning on the CC manor pits, I am planning on being there all day on Saturday. Feel free to stop by and say hi. If I'm in the fish, I'll let you know and you'd be welcome to fish along side of me. I drive a yellow Jeep Wrangler and I will have a green medium cabin otter shak.

Dan, I'll have to stop by.. What time and day do you plan on being at the pits. I'm planning on sunrise to mid evening, so I'll be there on Saturday. Lets hookup!

Hey Guys, I am new to town and would love to get out on the ice on Saturday-- but I have two problems: I don't have an auger or any idea where to fish. I've been reading the forums and have seen a lot of talk about the CC pits and Foster Ahrends. I know where FA is located, but I do not know where the CC pits are. If anyone would mind helping out a new guy I can bring bait and/or beverages. Thanks fellas!

Hey Rugbyguy I won't be in town this weekend but I will be for the rest of Dec and Jan, I would be happy to have a partner for fishing. I will leave you a message when I get back from school.

Rugbyguy,

Welcome to FishingMinnesota. Great to see another name in the Rochester forum that shares the love for the fishing outdoors as much as the rest of us.

Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to share my equipment and knowledge with you. I have an auger and you’re more than welcome to cut some holes with it. I’ll be on CC Manor pits all day on Saturday and I’d be happy to assist you in any way I can.

If you dig around the Rochester forum, you will find several different topics that explain where the CC manor pits are. Here is one that might help.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=668899&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I was a new to Rochester about a year ago, so I know how it feels. With the help of our friendly members of FM, I was able to get out and catch fish almost immediately. Once again, glad to have you aboard FishingMinnesota.

Boy, the more that's being talked about this weekend it looks like we may have our first unofficial FM ice fishing get together at the CC pits. I may have to talk to the better half and see if I can swing a couple hours in the morning or afternon. I've never had good luck ice fishing, but you never know this could be the year.

Andy

It looks like I may be joining you guy's on Sat for my first ice fishing ever!! Thanks for the invite Dan! It makes me nervous tough. I think I will make sure and let someone walk well in front of me. Is the ice going to be OK at the pits for all of us?

Murph,

You'll have to stop by my shak. Green flip over otter shak. I like to push the limits a bit with early/late ice, but I'm not crazy. I won't be out there if its not completely safe. Do you have a cell #? You should fire me a note with your digits.

Also, the might be a little something, something going on at my place after fishing that we can chat about

Hey there fellas. I will be at the pits also on Saturday. I'm an Aberdeen, SD local (same as tholm) currently living in Pemberton, MN. Tyler has invited me to Roch for a day of fishing and a night of celebrating with the smell of fried fish in the air. Looking forward to it Ty. Hopefully we'll run into a few of you guys out on the ice. Good fishin fellas.