• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka ice

Thanks NT! I will be out Saturday and most likely Sunday. I will post my results (or lack thereof).

Thanks for the info NT. I did pretty well last year with suckers on tip-ups but caught more northerns than walleyes. That was probably a function of where I was fishing thought. I plan on heading out this weekend and will post my results.

Thanks for the info NT. I did pretty well last year with suckers on tip-ups but caught more northerns than walleyes. That was probably a function of where I was fishing thought. I plan on heading out this weekend and will post my results.

Clear subzero nights making any ice? Couldn't get out this weekend. Plan on heading out during the week.

dsludge

Tried Wayzata this weekend and fishing was slow. 3 small eyes and I mean small. Ice looked to be around 6-7 inches where I was fishing.

Saturday I fished down by Excelsior and nothing was going right. My buddy that was supposed to go with me didn't get done with his Christmas shopping so I had to go out alone. The slush on the ice stuck to my sled and it got to the point where I couldn't even move it. I had to make a couple trips carrying my stuff out to make it to my spot. Then my auger decided it didn't want to run on me and the frozen slush on the ice prevented me from reading depths through the ice. I ended up setting up in 12 fow and I was not where I wanted to be but I just wanted to fish. I marked quite a few fish and had a few bites but I think they were mostly small fish, probably perch. I did miss one or two that I think may have been walleyes though.

Sunday I went out on the western side and picked up 3 12-13" walleyes all between 4:45 and 5. I also had one around 6:30 but lost him after only a couple seconds. 1 was in 14 fow and the others were in 16 fow, all on spoons tipped with a minnow head.