• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well winter brings another kind of ice to the northland. This past fall my neighborhood went thur the sump installation phase where it seems everyone had to have one put in. I was talking to my Minnesota Power meter reader and she said it was just terrible. The pumps are putting out water and of course it is freezing. What looks like a good idea in the summer is becoming a problem here in winter. My neighbors excess water runs down his hill side to his driveway to freeze and then it works it's way down my sidewalk and then the roadway. Another neighbor's water is running down the alley freezing that. Since like many I live on a hill it makes it interesting going down and even more interesting going up. This Spring should be fun. But what ya going to do, I know it has to go somewhere. Anyone else have a problem with this little side problem?

I hear ya. Just a side note on this problem. I deliver mail and it seems that the installers directed the ouput hoses from the base directly to point at the sidewalk. I deliver in West Duluth and I think everybody had a sump pump installed this past summer I am waiting for a little snow to cover the ice on the sidewalks(2-3") have someone slip and get hurt and see who gets sued. the city/landlord/owner.installer. Thinking of calling somebody on the city council. Glad I am not the only one with this problem.>>>>later the load

Since Sewer flows are generally lower in winter months,

Maybe direct connection to Sewer would solve this problem. Not all Connections would have to be made.... Just problematic ones.

Mark