• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Phone coverage

Random guy

I have some folks inquiring about cell phone coverage on Red. How is the coverage for. T-mobile and sprint? (Brokers sneaking to the lake mid week wink.gif )

Last year my sprint phone worked on winnie but lost the signal halfway from winnie to red. My buddy had Verizon and that worked on red no problem

My T-mobile phone loses signal about 5-6 miles north of Blackduck. Unicell is one that I know works. Theirs' is the tower you can see by northeast end near the old hatchery.

I know my verizon phone works also but;

lets really get crazy-How about the Blackberries?

While fishing URL last winter, I found my cell phones best feature.

It doesn't work on URL!!!!!!!

i used my verizon phone up there last year and had full power all over the lake and hope to make it up there again.

I have Sprint and it works on analog roam while on the lake... I have had no problems staying connected while using it.

Mike Martin

Some of the newer phones are digital only and won't work no matter the service. Verizon works great if your phone is analog capable. Stan C.

Thanks guys. I have verizon so I can work from the ice. Those other jokers are just going to have to stay in the office and work. laugh.gif

No T-mibile at all. With Sprint you are roaming. I used to have cell 2000 and it was good.

I like the phones that get ZERO coverage on the lake. Just me, my bobber and Captain Morgan. Oh and I almost forgot the constant sound of gas augers humming in my ears.

Years ago, my analog AT&T worked fine. Last summer, my new digital did not work while at Roger's Campground. Maybe it would while out on the lake confused.gif

Last winter my PCS ATT wouldnt work in WestWinds parking lot but my buddies with Sprint seemed to work fine. I'm thinking of switching to Verizon when my contract expires next year.