• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does any one have any good plans or ideas for constructing a permanent fish house for under $500? Not one with canvas or tarp sides.

You can make a nice house using 2x4s for a floor with 1/2 "

treated plywood on the floor. Use 2x3s for wall studs with either 1/4" chipboard on the outside walls or go one better and use 1/4" plywood. For the roof I used 2x6s and ripped them at an angle to form the peak. Put 1/4" marine grade plywood on the roof. Paint the outside and roof and it will last for years. Also paint the floor! I put 1" styrofoam in the walls and ceiling and painted the entire inside white. I light my house with 2 car dome lights and a deepcycle battery.

Don't know what the total cost is now, but this is about as cheap as you can go and still get a nice solid house.

Cliff