• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone fished Linwood lake near Whiteface? Thought I might giver a shot this weekend. Might have potential....

ERW

My understanding of the lake is that it is all private land except for the flowage out of the lake into Whiteface. I have fished it before for crappies but caught only little guys. DNR no longer stocks the lake due to it not being "public". There are your typical sport fish in it though, if you can get in there and find them. There is a discussion thread from last year I believe that talks about linwood.

All Private land except fot a small part that belongs to the county. Some nice eyes in ther along with a ton of snakes

I'm getting two vibes: The lake is private but its fishable? So is there access to the lake? I know there is county land on the south end and federal land on the west side. I really don't feel like walking all the way across whiteface....

ERW

No access that I am aware of other than walking up the flowage. I guess if it were me, I would fish whiteface. There are some nice fish to be had in that lake if you can find them. But that is just me.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The DNR stocks Linwood but access is iffy. I've talked over the phone and asked why are you stocking a lake with no public access? Answer I got is there is a carry in access off county land. How accessible that is I can't say.

Heres what the DNR site says: PRIVATE ACCESS FROM WIGGLE LAKE. FEDERAL AND COUNTYLAND ABUTS LAKE.

If its some goat path I don't think the DNR should be stocking the lake with our money.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll get something figured out. Its rough when a guy has to make a decision on where to spend a weekend fishing.....

I can end all the questions. Linwood Lake is no longer stocked after I contacted the DNR and Maike Hatch several years ago. French river Fisheries,told the are working on some type of joint agrement with the county to open a carry in location as of last year this was not (Fed borders lake but county land is from the road. The lake map is wrong there is no wiggle lake and no access is possible that way. In the winter time you can gain access by going across the lake opposit the dam go thru the channel and go all away up the inlet until you get to the new cabins(mansions) and cut across land on a 4-wheeler trail to Linwood about 1-2 blocks This should clear anybody questiions. Oh I forgot to mention that some big leader in Jim Oberstars party has a place on the lake