• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Christmas gifts

96trigger

Obviously we are all hunters and with Xmas fast approaching I have to get some gifts for members of my family. Is there anything that you guys or gals have for hunting or fishing around $15-25, that maybe other people don't have or think of. Something small like a certain kind of glove, sock, hunting movie etc... that you really like or a little gadget that you wouldn't go hunting/fishing without? Maybe it will give some other people ideas, for example I recieved an edgemaker knife sharpening system for a gift and I think its awesome and only 20-25 dollars.

Thanks in advance grin.gif.

For the deer hunters Lava soap makes a handi-wipe thing in individual packs and 10 packs. These work great for removing any blood after gutting - best thing is they also cut the fat that can build up on your hands and knives. Just keep them in a shirt pocket so they don't freeze. Bundle up a few along with some gutting gloves for an inexpensive stocking stuffer.

Maybe something like an adjustable bow hanger for someone who may not have one. Or even scent control pack which usually has laundry detergent, bath soap, and deodarant. Or a camoflauge fanny pack or backpack. Or maybe a new grunt call or the Can....rattle bag. Disposable heat packs and new wool socks are always appreciated too.

I think you're going to get a lot of suggestions on this topic.

Good post...I was actually thinking about this for my friends and family as well.

One of those flashlights that done use batteries you just shake them. Nice to have a flashlight that you can always depend on.

I got the wool socks/heater pack combo the oother year and loved it. A nother thing to think of is polypropelyne socks.

A headlamp, it frees up your hands, good for ice fishing, walking to your deer stand, etc.

Hats, leather lined gloves, THIN wool socks, polypropylene socks and underware, hooded sweatshirts.

I would suggest a boot dryer. Things work awesome. Also dear if you read this now you know what I really want.

I agree on the boot dryer, although I think they're more like $40, not positive on that. I've had one for probably 5 years, they work great.

You can beat binocuclars, I have some 60 dollar bino's that I can break a good deal to FM members!!

get a hold of me, I can get you down close to that!!

Nick Bogdan

Pro Hunting Team/ Sales Associate

Optics4hunting.com

(800) 246-6285

[email protected]

I recieved a total of 27 flashlights for christmas one year, so if any of you plan on getting me something, i need no flashlights. grin.gif

great responses so far, keep em coming. Hopefully more people will find this useful. I like the ideas. The boot dryer is something I've never thought of. Thanks, for all the ideas.

By the way, 27 flashlights, there has got to be a story behind that.

For a movie... if you can find it, get Escanaba in da Moonlight

It's a hilarious movie about a couple of guys deer hunting the the UP of Michigan... the first half to 2/3 of the movie is really funny... the last 1/3 is a little odd.. but a good movie none the less.. IFFWALLEYES has made watching this movie part of his ritual deer hunting routine...

marine_man

You can definitely get Tru Glo fiber optic sights for under $25 & a lot of guys that hunt a lot don't have them. You just need to know what kind of shotgun they have. They're especially nice to have on slug barrels. They are a little more fragile though. I'm clutsy enough to have completely broken my front sight once & knocked out part of the fiber optic again this year. Still would rather have them then just the iron ones.

A balaclava is $20 or less & a great thing to have as well if you hunt any cold weather. That's the pull over, usually fleece, hood/facemask with a draw string, that can also be used as just a neck muffler. They really help keep you warm. I know a lot of guys that hunt that don't have those either.

For a waterfowl hunter, decoys are almost always a great gift. Maybe get a confidence decoy or that rare pair of canvas back decoys...

A camo back pack is nice, you can use it for bringing extra supplies and clothes out hunting and fishing. Even when going river wading to carry more gear for treks upstream.

Marine Man, I found a copy at Blockbuster so it can probably be purchased there.

I married a Yopper from Escanaba and we watched it together. She was not so thin skinned as a lot of people were about the movie Fargo, she thought Esc by Moonlight was funny.

In the backpack thread, one of those hydration packs might be a nice gift.

It is a great thing if you hike a lot. The delivery tube can be clipped right to your collar, and no more messing with water bottles.

Those are for hydration?? I wondered why it was so hard to get my ice cubes into the blatter, the real trick is judging the amount of brandy to mix! ha ha

Check out the sponsors forum....there atre a ton of excellent ideas to be found there.