• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• Lee the bonehead

• AQUAJOE

• metrojoe

You could also take 169 to Rockford Road. Head west, then turn south on Northwestern Blvd. Then take a left on W. Medicine Lake Parkway and it'll wrap you around to the park on the west side.

I checked out the west side of Medicine Lake at the West Medicine park. The fish have not moved into the creek yet, I'm not suprised I usually don't see them in there until there is vegitation in the channel. I did talk to a guy that said he caught 1 crappie and 1 sunny fishing from the dock between the end of the dock and shore, it looked like he was using worms. It was pretty windy on that side of the lake today though. on the south east side I they dumped in chemicals to control the weeds and the water was pretty stained. with the construction I would say the best way in would have to be 494 to 55 to West Medicine Lake DR or CTY 9 to CTY 61 (Northwestern BLVD)to West Medicine Lake BLVD. Good Luck

Posted this in your shorefishing thread as well.

French Park is a great spot to fish from shore. Any day now they should be biting, if not already. I may have to go for a bike ride later and see if anyone is fishing yet.

Small bluegills and crappies are in there pretty good, along with this nice 4 1/4lb largemouth from last spring.

medbass9yu.jpg

Hanson, nice fish. I saw one about half that size taken on a minnow in early may by a guy fishing for crappies in the creek near the footbridge in west medicine park.

That one was from French Park last spring, UL rod & reel w/ a crappie minnow under a float. Was a lot of fun. You can't show the bass who's boss when you have a little rod like that w/ 4lb line.

Yeah, sounds like you had some fun playing him in. The guy I saw was using an old zebco 33. Plenty of punch for a crappie and handled that bass pretty well too. I need to get up to that end of the lake. Is it wide enough to get a kayak up the creek when there aren't too many people trying to Fish?

I guess thats a nice fish Hanson. smirk.gif It's a tad small compared to the Bass I catch out there. grin.gif *gloat*

You can gloat MedMan. I don't fish Medicine too often even though it is right down the street from me. I know Med has some great bass fishing but that just isn't my thing. Last I checked, there were no catfish in that lake either. grin.gif

Thanks for the replies guys. We didn't go last night, my son had some homework to do.

We should be able to make it out on Friday, I'll post the results.

Thanks again,

Ole

Went out this weekend to do a little fishing. Fishing wasn't that bad on Saturday, caught a dozen Sunnies a few Crappies and a half-dozen Perch. Fishing Sunday was much tougher. I had plenty of nibbles, but only a few Sunnies and no Crappies. But the Perch were more than eager to bite. Nothing huge but did manage few 8 inchers.

Which area is a generally good area to head for? The reason I ask is that I canoe fish and between the east, west & north launches I would rather launch where I won't want to canoe the entire lake. wink.gif I drove around it last night and I thought the west park (where the drive on ice fishing spot is located) looked like the best bet. From there I can head into that south bay area or up the northwest point area?

French park on the north end. The north arm area is very productive this time of year and you actually have almost no paddling to get to fish - the channels where you launch are good.