• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

Yes, but do it soon - I see temps in the 40's coming next week.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• Lee the bonehead

• AQUAJOE

• metrojoe

Yup, sorry about not responding - just me being me. A couple hours on the ice would do me good!

I went out yesterday late afternoon (03-01) and started fishing at about 3:00 PM. I fished in about 7 or 8 different locations. Picked up some small perch and that was about it. Then I went to a spot I normally find fish and they were on!

I must of caught about 20 or so sunfish in an hour, at times I could barely get a break between the action. I picked through them and ended up taking 5 home with me. In the mix were 2 decent crappies, at least decent for Medicine lake.

I left the lake at about 6:45 with a smile. Good day on the ice. Not many people out either , I had the entire vacinity to myself.

Metro Joe, and Aquajoe, Thanks for the kind words! Tripleplay and I will be out on Sat. also. Around noonish.

We will be going out of

French Lake Park also. I'll be the one draging a green Otter. Only one question to ask..... Whos bringing the grill? laugh.gif

I ended up running to the Cool Cats event. Anybody heading out on medicine today??

I'd like to go out.

I wish I could've made it up to Cool Cats this weenkend. But work takes precedence over fishing. frown.gif I'm on Spring Break this week so I'll be getting out a bit. grin.gif

I'm planning on going out tomorrow. It all depends on the weather and how late I sleep in....

Hows the ice thinckness doing I havn't been on it in a couple of weeks.

Aqua Joe and Med,

The ice is fine! I was out yesterday (Sunday) and there was a good bite happening. An afternoon bite at that! The weather was cooperating. It was foggy and the barometer was heading down with a south wind. You got to love that!

Had a blast!

Ole cool.gif

You betcha! I drove and there were a lot of people driving all around the lake.

Ole

Well I am heading to the lake. Stop on by I will be on the east side I have the full size tan conversion van.

AQUAJOE, were you fishing the 40' hole on the on the east side? I thought I saw your van over there.

Hey there,

Any of you guys going out today? I'm heading out later. How's the ice?

cool.gif

Ole

Quote:

AQUAJOE, were you fishing the 40' hole on the on the east side? I thought I saw your van over there.

I was fishing in 23 FOW on the edge the drop off where it goes from 15 to 30 real quick.

It is on the east edge of the 40ft hole.

Went out today! Fish were hot! Last time for driving on the lake for me anyway. Joe had the cones out on the access. I don't blame him as it's getting rough! With this rain and rising temps we'll probably be in our boats by April 1st!! Sounds good to me! Bring it on!

Ole

I agree with you Ole I am done driving out to.

Ole do you live close to Medicine? I am within 5 miles.

Oh and this year I have slip for my boat at Joe Hartys and will be out there often.

Aqua Joe,

I live 5 minutes from Medicine. Joe Harty told me that there is open water up by 32nd. street. Last night was kind of scary with the wind and fog and everything melting. From now on I'm walking out on all the lakes in the metro!

On the plus side I can't wait to get the boat out.

Joe, Shoot me an email. Maybe we can get out fishing this summer. I have a pretty flexible schedule.

[email protected]

Ole cool.gif

Hmmn fog, rain, and open water? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

How is the panfish bite in the afternoon....thinking about skipping outta work early today????

Thanks! smile.gif

It's usually a good afternoon bite out there. I'm heading out there in 10 min.

Thinkin bout headin out tonight and givin it a shot. Sounds like taking a truck on the ice is out so where's a good access to park and walk out from the east side? Any ideas?

Went out fishing during the beautiful afternoon we had Friday. Fishing was excellent with good size and numbers. I also got a pic of one of the Eagles out there.

Merch1.jpg

Crap.jpg

Merch.jpg

Eagle.jpg

Nice fish Med! I am personally done ice fishing for the year but open water's coming and I can't wait.