• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dean Lake

Haven't fished it yet this winter but based on the DNR's survey data from 2001 there was a good year class of small crappie (6-8 inches) If thoses fish are still around they are probably a nice size. Might be worth checking out.

I haven't fished it this winter but a good place to try when the ice gets thick enough would be in the 20ft hole near the access. supposed to be some walleye in the lake to but have never caught any.

good luck

It looks like a pretty easy lake to fish and it is small so it could be handled walking. I am planning on fishing it Sunday unless my dad finds a hot spot in the St. Cloud area. Looks like taht 20 foot area would be a good place to start. Thanks

it used to have some pretty nice crappies but then they posted it in the Outdoor News. The place was a madhouse for such a small lake. Maybe 75+ fish houses and vehicles on it. I talked to one group of guys that had come from Coon Rapids! I went back the next 2 years and could barely scratch a few really small fish. I've never been back. Pulaski is my go to lake now. Let me know if you catch anything.....or wait.....don't let me know. I might want to try it again. wink.gif

I will let you know. I have heard some good things about Pulaski too. Not far from Dean. Good luck. My dad said the crappies are biting on the horshoe chain by Cold Spring and I may head up there.

Fishingcpa, I fish pulaski lake alot as of tuesday nite you'll be fishing from your boat. I have just finished my spear shack, it will be going out on pulaski, to thin out all the small northerns. My largest I northern caught so far is 4lb. in mid-summer.

jigginjim, sounds like fun. I went spearing once ten years ago on Union lake near South Haven. Jabbed 3 northerns. One was 8 pounds. It's pretty fun. Probably makes more sense taking smaller ones though like you say. Let the big ones grow. Good luck.