• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I snooped some this morning and there is enough ice at CC to fish and some reports coming from GoneFishing bait shop indicate that there is ice elsewhere in the area that people are on too. As always, care should be taken when venturing out to fish on early ice....can't say or emphasize that enough. Best advice is to walk where others have trod.

Crappie,

I have been doing a lot of reading on the forum in the past few weeks and after seeing your post I had a quick question for you. Where is CC I am looking to get out on the ice around Rochester and have heard that a few people were out on the Zumbro yesterday. Just curiuos.

Thanks,

Scott

Scrod...Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com!

The Country Club pits are just off second street SW on the west side of hiway 52, but before you get into Country Club Manor. You will be east of 36 avenue. There are a number of lakes in the cluster. All have fish, but the big one is probably the most productive with the lake between the big one and second street being second for producing fish.

Access is from the west, just off 36 avenue . The street name is Interlochen. Turn off 36th and stay to your right until you see the access gate and park. Its a walk, but very often worth it.

Is there any access problems for the cc lakes? I was out there a few years ago and found some crappies?

FYI, the current plans are to convert the lakes to a city park. Cascade creek will be allowed to run through the middle and will only allow water into the ponds during high water flow events (floods). This will allow the water quality/clarity to be better. With the current farming practices upstream from the lake the amount of turbidity and phosphorus in the lakes would be above safe swimming levels, so they are taking the lakes "off line". Access should be good for hard water and canoes when the park is completed.

I stopped out at Chesterwoods last nightand the ice was looking good. Went out about 30 to 40 yards and found a good 3 inches.