• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Late Season Goose!!!

joe_stack20

Well late season goose is coming up this weekend, just wondering what everyone thinks how this season will be around the Fergus Falls area, with the weather i think alot of the birds have already left, Orwell resevoir is froze over, so not many birds there, any one else seeing anything????? We will plan on hunting around the orwell area we got permission to hunt a field not far from the Res.

well we hunted this past weekend in the St. Cloud area and the hunting was amazing....5 guys limited with 10 birds on saturday and 3 of us got our 6 on sunday, all shot out of our pit blind in a field that is just for running trafffic--no birds had landed in it yet this year. Lots of big birds shot...had a fun time watching my 11 year old golden running down crippled geese in the snow. Didn't lose a goose either so that was nice. Good luck to all the late gooser's out there!

SA/wdw

Late goose season is a 9 day season. A lot of geese have left the Fergus Falls area, but there are still plenty of birds to be shot. I think that the ice in the fields made it so they couldn't get to the food when they went out to feed, so a lot of the birds left. We still did manage to shoot our 2 bird limit both saturday and sunday of this past weekend though. It will definitly be more difficult with all the competition from all the hunters that come to the FF area for this short goose season.