• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Show Your Support!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we are all dying to get out on the ice and many of us are about to explode with anticipation in hopes of getting out this weekend. Here is something else to consider. Sgt Jeremy Wolfsteller is the brother in law of our own Tonkaboy. He was shot in Iraq a couple of months ago and messed up pretty bad. I believe originally they did not know if he would ever walk again. I think now things are looking better than that and he may be using a cane and wheel chair. I am not sure on all the details but tonakboy could fill in. Saturday there is a fundraiser for Jeremy at the Hopkins VFW from 1pm-5pm. There will be raffle and silent auction as well as food and beverages. I would like to encourage all fellow FM'ers to consider giving up a little fishing time to come and show your support for this local hero who gave up a MUCH more than precious fishing time to help the people in Iraq...twice he went there.

I didnt know where to post this but wanted to put it where it would get the most views. Hopefully it wont get deleted. Hopefully it will get a lot of response to keep it on the main page.

Moby,

I saw this on the news lastnight. I will be stopping in to Thank him for his service & sacrifices on Sat.& have a beverage.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Moby. Should be a good turn out on Saturday. There are many, many great prizes for the auction and raffle. If you get a chance I suggest coming down to the Hopkins VFW and show your support. Proceeds are going to both Jeremy as well as Operation Second Chance which is dedicated to helping our wounded soldiers.

will be there. thanks for the info. the VFW is west of 11th if i remember right? head past 11th to the next stoplight take a right on its right there on the left hand side? been a few years so if i am wrong please point me the right way. Operation Second Chance is a very important program.

The VFW is located on Shady Oak Road about 1/2 between Main and Minnetonka Blvd - west and parallel to 11th st.

The address for the VFW is:

100 Shady Oak Road, Hopkins, MN

Go to one of the mapping sites and you should be able to get directions. It's real easy to find.

I just wanted to say a quick THANKS to all who were able to come out. Everything went as well as could be expected. I don't think he could have asked for a better turn out. grin.gif