• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wheres a good place to start?

I have not ice fished around the St. Cloud area before, whats a good lake to start on for walleyes. I fished Upper Spunk this summer a few times without much luck. I've been out ice fishing twice in Alex and Brainerd this season and have done pretty well. I would like to find some action a little closer to home.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here's a few options for walleyes close.

Little Rock - Can be very good especially early ice.

Grand Lake - Has a good walleye population. Although the the bite is often inconsistent.

Pearl Lake - Also a good walleye lake. Not much for structure to concentrate them. Here I usually fish weedlines.

Horseshoe Chain - Good Walleye lake. Also lots of channel cats to keep you occupied.

Rice lake - Very good walleye lake.

Koronis - Very Good walleye lake.

There are lots of other lakes that hold walleyes and can be hot at times. I've done very well on all the lakes mentioned here ice fishing at times the past couple of years. Most are also good panfish and pike lakes as well.

I'd agree with Borch as well. Another good option would be hitting the Horseshoe Chain in the Richmond area as well.

I know this past summer fishing for walleyes was favorable for the most part.

Good Luck and post your report here when you get out!

Thanks for the insight. I'll give you a report when I get a chance. Look forward to reading some of your reports. Steve

Good Luck Steve. You should find quite a bit of fishable ice in the area. Keep us posted on your results!