• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guys--what are your thoughts for the best pike in this area?Looking for numbers as much as size.I was thinking of Jefferson.

Ray's Lake is full of pike and usually gives em up pretty good through the ice. Small lake makes it easy to cover lots of ground and different depths while not working that hard also.

Francis also loves to give up pike! Shiners in west bay 3' below the ice and you will have all sorts of fun early ice.

Froggy

Hey guys, I have the same question. I'm driving up from Dallas, TX to do some tip uppin with my best friend. I've fished Francis the most out of the mentioned lakes but have noticed the size on Francis really dropping off...lots of hammerhandles. Is there much size on the other lakes that were mentioned? Has anyone been out and had any luck yet?

Both the other lakes mentioned earlier have good sized pike. I have not heard of anyone heading out yet, but I am sure that will change by the weekend. I intend to try and wet a line myself Sunday if I can. Washington seems to hold some nice pike in mud bay and the in bay west of the north shore access. There are a lot of panfish in these areas, so they tend to keep the pike around.

I wouldn't rule out German either. I've caught a few 35+" pike out there while casting for 'eyes in shallow during the summer months. I would assume you could get those slime balls to bite in the winter too.

Nothing wrong with a small northern,probably better than dogfish.Fillet them or pickle them.

Nothing right with a small northern either. grin.gifgrin.gif Nothing beats giving a northern fisherman a hard time.