• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Warning Stickers

J Smith

Question

I own a Polaris Sportsman...whats the best way to get all the warning stickers off? Does a hair dryer or does ice work the best? It's green not camo and these things are stuck!

Thanks

16 answers to this question

Peel off what you can and don't worry about what's left behind. Get a product called "goo-gone" from the hardware store. Smells strongly like oranges, takes all the sticky stuff off, won't harm paint. Just soak a rag with it and rub until it's all gone. If you use an abrasive pad with the product, it will scratch and take off paint.

Power washer work really good to "found out the hard way" my 4wheeler was only 2 days old.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hmmmm, isn't that like pulling of the lable on your pillow, which is a violation thats subject to 5 years in jail? grin.gif

Those labels placed on matresses and furnituer are for the manafacters, wholesalers and retailers, once you purchase a item and place it in use you can rip off all the labels. Maybe a attorney or some one else can chime in with a opinion.

Quote:

I own a Polaris Sportsman...whats the best way to get all the warning stickers off? Does a hair dryer or does ice work the best? It's green not camo and these things are stuck!

Thanks

Heat the stickers a bit with a hair dryer or a heat gun. The warning labels are very thin and wiil break apart quite often when trying to remove them. Just be patient and work slowly. If you have to pick at them, only use your fingernail. Goo Gone will remove the residue... By warned... The new paint Polaris is using is not the best in the world and will scratch rather easily. Black especially. So don't use a scotchbrite pad, steel wool or sand paper. All of which I have seen used in the past.... shocked.gif Honestly!! Seen it with my own eyes, just not in time to save the paint... frown.gif

3M adhesive remover is good, can be purchased at an auto parts store. Test a small out of sight panel first for dulling, but I have used this on 2 month old paint with good results.

there is also a product called "sticker on" and "stciker off" that is sold in most catalogs like dennis kirk. stuff works great!

Use a hair dryer to heat the sticker/glue and then spray with WD-40. The combination will work well. Don't spray the oil while using the dryer, just to play it safe.

Thanks guys...I found out on the first sticker I tried w/out heat just fingernails I scratched the plastic, thats why I asked for advise. After the first mistake I used the hair dryer and it worked flawlessly...then I used wd-40 to remove the residue and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks again

J.S.

Be very careful when using any chemical on plastic. Goof Off will dull most plastics and detroy some.

Make sure you test on the ever popular "inconspicuos area".

I don't care if I spelled that wrong.

hair dryer worked the best for me with the goof off or goo-gone products. For the scratches, after your first trail ride those little scratches will be covered by much larger scuff scrapes and abrasions. grin.gif

IT is a well established clause in the Patriot Act. Tear that lable off and you could be a terrorist.

Or not.