• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hastings Area

I'm new to Hastings and I've heard some things about Rebecca and Isabella. Has anyone fished them? I heard there is decent panfish action. Any info would be great. Is the St. Croix fishable at the mouth in Prescott? How thick does the ice get there? I'm getting excited to head out and need some info on the area. Thanks!

Welcome to Hastings brother. Rebecca has some decent fish, but a ton of small ones to boot. Early ice is the best. Across from the peir and the footbridge on the other side of the channel there are springs, alot of guys fish there. Isabelle has some okay fishing, mostly just a shallow slough however. As far as prescott, most times you can't get within 300 yards of the bridge on the St. Croix, too much current in that neckdown area. Be careful if you go there, the ice can vary in thickness. Although there are always a few permanents there and a few walleyes caught as well.

With that being said, I hardly ever fish those waters and opt to drive a wee bit away to some favorites waters that I have. I love living here but not much water to explore other than some backwaters.

Thanks for the info. Are the springs in rebecca down in the same area as the public access to the Mississippi or do you have to come in at a different area?