• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well I have the ice shack ready to put out on Big Marine. Curious like the rest of us FM's what the ice conditions are looking like on the lake?

Also how come the access by the resort is closed in the winter. Man it would be nice to access the lake right there. I am talking about the new one in the South West corner.

Any info on ice conditions would be appreciated.

I walked out about 150 ft on the northwest side of the main lake on Saturday and it looked to be about 4 inches thick but that was in shallow water. Was afraid to go too much farther, I didn't have a spud to check it with. I will be out there this weekend and will try to give a more accurate report. The access where the resort used to be was closed all last winter, but I don't know about this winter. I didn't see any signs when I went by. I might try calling Washingon County to see if it is open this winter. That would be a good place to get on. I have a place on the nw side but can't drive on from my property.

Excellent...I did call the Washington County park department and they said that the access will be closed for the winter. Wel I will be out there this weekend.

Hey magician- Made it out this past weekend and found some nice slabs. Heading to LOW for the weekend. Shoot me a call if ya want to get out next week.

Sounds good. I was going to stop out this weekend but a cold was keeping me in doors.

THanks

Alright I am going to bring the ice shack out on Saturday morning. How is the ice with all snow on it. Am I safe to use a four wheeler and trailer to get the house out on the ice.

Any current info would be great...

Thanks

Can't get out to even check the ice until probably Sat afternoon. Have snowblower problems and have 3 driveways to take care of. Have to get the machine in and shovel. Sorry.

I put my house out last Saturday. I had 7+ inches and drove all over the lake. Must be plenty of ice now but not for a truck quite yet.

Managed a few nice northerns.

Where are the crappies out there?

Sorry guys. Too close to Christmas to even get out to check the ice. Kind of obligated around home if you know what I mean.

I went out there Friday night a popped a few holes. They measured from 9 to 10 inches thick. This was out from the north launch. The ice right at the launch was really bad. I wish Santa would of brought me the cold weather I was asking for.

I was out on Monday out from the South access and it is a little spokey on the ice. Spots of water and a few holes in the ice. Still 6-7+ inches. Took a four-wheeler out.

Tip-ups for northers was one of the worst days I have had.

Better luck next time.

Also got to watch someone burn down a house that was demolished.

• 2 weeks later...

Any new reports from Big Marine. I will be heading out this weekend to give it a shot.

Was at the cabin New Years Eve, so on the way home I pulled into the park access where the resort used to be. It wasn't plowed, but there was nothing that prevented me from driving into the parking area. So I finally got around to calling the Washington county parks department today. They removed the barrier, and we can use it, but they aren't going to maintain it. So as long as you can get in there, it's open.

Yes I was out last weekend and noticed that a few guys were driving down to the end of the access and park by a snow fence. Report from last weekend was lots of little perch and a couple small northerns. I really like the struct Big Marine holds.