• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Combo Weekend

Sutty

I am heading up this coming weekend (9th 10th) and am thinking about splitting time between LOTW and Red. Is there a decent motel somewhere in the middle maybe Baudette?

When I do a combo trip I hit Red on the way up to LOW, usually til about 8 p.m. Then check in at the Walleye Inn. Fish up there for 2 days, then drive down to Red for the last day and drive home. I like staying in a little bigger town just in case I need something. Good Luck Kid

If you go to LOW first.... just make sure you don't go on red with walleye in the cooler. If you have the fillets or the fish on Red, it will be assumed you caught them on Red, pretty hard to prove otherwise. So it is advisable on a combo weekend to hit Red first.. that way you don't have to worry about it. Otherwise I have heard that some of the resorts will help you out by throwing your fillets in their freezer til you get done on Red. Have a fun weekend..

Thanks for the advice, I only have two days this weekend so my plan is saturday at LOTW and sunday Red. I am going to bring up my 4 wheeler so I can leave the walleye on shore in the truck. Also the Walleye inn and the Americ-inn in Baudette are booked for anyone thinking about making the trip (at least for doubles). I booked a room at the Royal Shooks.

If anyone wants to meet up on sunday to look for slabs let me know.

That sounds good and it looks like it will warm up a bit as well, let me know by friday afternoon after that I won't be able to check the posting.

Hey Sutty Are you planning on going out of Hillmens. I can meet you there on the lake. I have a wheeler or sled. Doo you have a small portable? Or will I need to bring one? I have a good first place to try.

I have a green polaris sportsman 500 and a blue fish trap. I can fit three cheek to cheek on the bench so to speak or set up a guy in the corner. I will have another guy with me (novice angler) Hillmans's sounds good how many miles out do you wanna meet and about what time? If the ice is safe I may just drive my truck out and not have to deal with a trailer.

Being I live a block from hillmens I can meet whatever time you want? Sounds like they may let small vechicles out this weekend. Lets just meet on there shore line and I will show you the spot I have in mind.

OK, I will call them tomorrow before I leave and find what kind of vehicles are OK. How long will it take me to get there from shooks? 20 minutes or so? meet about 7:30 sound about right or do you think we should be out earlier?

Going after the day bite hey.You are 23 miles from Hillmens?I will meet you at hillmens shorline at 7:30 am. I think I will drive my sled ?We are meeting on sunday right?

we are meeting sunday. if you think we have a better shot early morning that works for me to. I can sleep at work on monday...

Hey Sutty Idealy we would want to be set up for the evning bite? But last year Hillmens had such a tremendous day bite who knows?I might shoot out to the area I had in mind on the sled just to check things out.Are you planning on staying tell after dark on sunday?

My plan is to fish saturday till dark on LOTW and than come down to the URL area so I could fish saturday night but wouldn't be in the area till 7 or 8 at night than I was planning on fishing all day sunday till after dark. So I am open to anything.

iF YOU DO WELL AT LAKE OF THE WOODS. yOu should try and make it down here before dark so you can get set up. I will meet you guys sunday morning at hillmens shoreline 7:30 sharp.