• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wow...

lawdog

I sat with the muzzleloader Saturday morning. Minus 4 when I parked the truck to go out and it went down to minus 8 by the time I got back to the truck. YIKES!

Deer must have been cold too, there was NO movement. Snow has really changed things up around my place. Not much for tracks there as 1 mile away stands about 50 acres of corn that never got picked. I'm thinking it must be FULL of deer in there, why would they even leave it??

Dad & I were out this weekend as well, north of Duluth. Cold-cold-cold, and we had no deer movement either. It was nice out, but I think I'm still shivering...could use some new snow though. Tough to tell new tracks in the snow.

Have only gone out a few times but have them patterned, the are coming out to feed in a picked bean field, fresh snow Saturday, on Sunday counted 40 sets of tracks crossing the road to the field, about a 1/8 of a mile stretch. Problem is the other side of the road is someone elses land, I am just hoping they come out early enough to feed towards us into range. Had six come out right at the end of shooting time, too late again. Oh well. You are right about cold though... man.

Deer just have wintering grounds where the food and shelter are very convenient. I had a great spot along a swamp and the deer are no longer there. Now they are using a spot where the picked corn field runs within 50 yds of a pine forest. They love it in there.

I hunted the edge of a bean feild this weekend and we had 40-50 deer come in between 3:30pm and dark. They got spooked a couple times and just kept coming back. With it being so cold they don't want to move much and burn energy and they want high carb food. Food sources are the best place to hunt in this weather by far.