• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

minnewashta

I checked saturday and there was open water in the middle of the lake. I checked the boat launch and there was 2 inches of really bad ice.

What do you fish for at minnewashta? I go for the northern my-self. this summer the large mouth bass really liked the the medium sucker.

Kodiak, where did you get the pic of the tank? I rode them things for 24 years.

TT

i usually just run tipups out there for northerns, catch and release, i just get a kick out of catching them things! I was going to run down there tonight and check the ice but if you are going to this lunch just post your results and i will check later this week and post. I got it off the internet, gotta love them abrahms!

Jason

I fish minni quite abit. Good panfish as well as pike. Where do you guys fish. There is a deep hole by the park/beach that usually produces. There is also shallow water in that are that you can find the pike crusing. I catch and release as well

bingo...exactly where you stated. see you out there sometime! I fish panfish there sometimes in the big bowl by the swamp,,,i mainly just troll in the summer and tipup in the winter for pike, and then let them boys go. Pike are for catching and panfish are for eating in my book. grin.gif

I checked yesterday at noon. 1.5 - 2 inches at the beach.

3 inches at the south launch. Very bad ice. My friends heel broke through at the launch. It's definatly going to be a couple of days.

Minni is my Dad's favorite lake. He lives in SLP so it is only a few miles from his house. This lake has had some phenominal panfish years but recently not as good. I have had times were I got on an excellent crappie bite. Many in in the 10-12" class and thick. There are a ton of sunnies. It used to be that 70% of the sunnies were in the 8" class but it more like 30% now as you really have to sort.

The pike numbers are outstanding. I have had 20-30 fish days but most are under 5 lbs. My largest was just over 10 lbs. My dad loves to keep a few pike for the pan and they actually are quite good the way he cooks them. I am for the most part a catch and release guy but on occassion I will keep a few for those that ask.

I may see you out there this year. I promised to get my dad on the ice a few time this year. That is the area I will target. Look for a green Eskimo quick flip II..

Oh and before I forget...Flag up !!!!

Minnewashta's a fun lake to fish, Me and my wife like the northern action also and we only keep a couple northerns each year. For the first time last year at Minnewashta and Wacoina the Bass just went nuts over medium suckers, i'v never hooked so many bass as we did last year, It seemed the northern bite was a little slow this year. we normally fish around the corner in the little bay by access #1. I don't think we have ever been skunked at Minnewashta.

I do have to say it seems the ice takes longer to form at Minnewashta, don't know why but I trust Waconia alot sooner than Minnewashta.

Anyone check the ice today? We hope to be out at Waconia this weekend and if the ice isn't ready we'll take a ride up to Mille Lacs and cure the ich ...

TT

The bass population is also great on this lake. I to have found for the Bass that the love the sucker minnows. What was deadly on this bass this year was a whistler jig with small to medium sucker along the lily pads. The largest I got was jsut under 22". I also had great success with the tubes and senko's around the docks.

I went by minnewashta yesterday and itlooked like a couple people have went out by access #1 and there was actualy a portable out on the main lake I guess it would be more towards the south end of the lake.

Anyone have any luck?

TT