• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New to Twin cities, ice fishing help?

Ely Lake Expert

My temporary address is in St. Paul, but I don't want that to me back from ice fishing. I am all ears to any advice on lakes to try or if someone just wants to to bring a guest I just want to get out on the lakes.

Thanks,

Ryan

I'm originally from Hibbing, and have fished a few of the north metro lakes. (Coon, Linwood, etc.) This site is the best source for info, but in general there is a lot of great fishing down here. What species are you after?

I haven't even been out to check ice yet this year crazy.gif, but I'd be glad to head out with you or just pass on a few lakes to try. How long you going to be in the cities?

Shoot me an email: joemmn(at)lycos.com

I moved down from Hibbing in '98. The ice fishing is great down here! The only reason I go up north in the winter now is to see my buddies! Start with Minnetonka. There's a lot fewer jerks in yachts out this time of year and it's one of the best fishing lakes in the state. Also every area has small lakes that are underfished in the summer so they're good in the winter. If you want to talk some more, let me know and we can discuss some southwest metro areas... We northerners gotta stick together!

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

Thanks to you 3 that replied many months ago. I actually moved into a place in the cities that didn't have internet, so I was an inactive FM member over the last six months. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I am back up north now where I belong, (especially in the summer) if any of you ever make it up here to fish and want some friendly advice, don't be afraid to ask. The fishing has been good lately and hopefully will be all summer.

Have a nice day,

Ryan

I was wondering what was up with the ice fishing post, usually they dont start until september wink.gif

Well, how did your ice fishing expierence go in the metro?

Never actually got out when I lived in the cities. Only went fishing when I was up at my parents. Tough to take the icehouse when I only have a car. I really need to get a truck smirk.gif