• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turtle lake Ice?

Stopped by the access on Wednesday evening. One house out about 50 yds from the access. Other than that, nothing. Wasn't able to check ice thickness. I drive by the lake every night on my way home. I'll keep checking and report back later.

Today from the access, I walked down the shore to the North, then walked about 100yrds out toward the middle, even though I knew I was still in3-4' I thought I'd better check the ice thickness, drilled a hole and to my surprise it was barely 2"s. Very slowly I went back to shore and decided I would wait grin.gif. There was a guy straight out from the access that I heard he had 3+"s. However on his way out with the spud bar, it went thru in one spot with one hit.

Too skinny for me. The ice is very inconsistant, and there is slush all over. Actually in some place it looks like springs are making holes in the ice.

Be careful around the Metro.

Fished Turtle today, straight out from the landing on the rockpile there. Ice was 4" thick, but the bite was pretty slow, only managed a few sunnies, one was a nice bull, the rest weren't longer than my pinkie...