• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Strikemaster Lite 4-Stroke

penna25

Question

Sorry if this has already been talked about. Was thinking about purchacing this and was wondering about any feedback good or bad. Thanks

12 answers to this question

Its still new and nobody I have heard of has one. Let us know how it goes.

I talked to a few guys that tested the Strike Lite last season and really liked the auger. No problems during their testing and they loved how quiet and light the augers were. I did hear, they are a little slower at cutting then the Lazer or 224 2 Strokes. But for the general public who bought them this year, the jury is still out, as I havent heard any reports as of yet. Most people are still just getting ready to punch some holes with them. Good test results last season, but the real results will be seen at the end of the season. The dang thing looks and feels great and I can't wait to use one on the ice!!!

I do think you guys made a good purchase though!!! Cause even if you were to experience problems, this includes any auger from StrikeMaster, their customer service department stands behind their products 110%!

I woule not worry about that auger being a problem.Strikemaster (my exp.)has the best costumer service around. Just My 2 cents.

penna25,Lets just say, I did not have to pay $499. Got it quite cheaper than that.

Quote:

penna25,Lets just say, I did not have to pay $499. Got it quite cheaper than that.

Any chance the rest of us (me) can get one cheaper???

Well guys...

My dad had decided to upgrade from the old Jiffy 3hp and the first thing out of his mouth to me was the Strike-Lite. He's really intrigued with the 4 stroke and has always been impressed with my Lazer Express.

Sounds like we may be picking it up this weekend. I'm not sure who's more excited. grin.gif If he does get it, I'll be sure to give the auger a workout and relay my experiences.

penna i mine at the end of the ice show. i do not think they wnted to take it back to the store. so they gave me a deal

I took one out that we had gotten as a test unit today. It was a pretty nice auger. I stoped a local lake and let a few other guys try it out too. Everyone was pretty impressed. If I didn't have a perfectly good Jiffy, I may consider purchasing one.

Quote:

That plastic auger kind of scares me.

It doesn't scare me one bit.

From my investigations, the plastic is just the flighting on the auger. I believe (but not 100% sure) that there is a metal shaft that still connects the cutting head to the auger. Like I said, we're checking them out this weekend, a little more closely than I have in the past.