• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Lake Gathering Sunday Dec. 18th

Was out today...snow is DEEP! I have a small lift, and 35" tires on my truck (4x4)....highly don't recommend trying it with anything less! (off the main road anyways). I had snow flying over the cab of the truck! Ya...it was fun! wink.gif Mostly fluffy right now, but a wind will crust that real hard and you can get high centered real easy!

Managed 2 perch today (small) and 1 northern that broke my line.

I will be out about 5am with radio on channel 7 (no subs). If anyone needs a ride "off the beaten path" i can help out. Will be in a bright red 04 F150 probably sittion out in the boondocks somewhere. Try the radio or cell (349-0800).

There were 3 civilians out plowing today, so the majority of the lake will have access (may need to walk off the main road though...there isn't many branches..just the main road).

Sleds will get around fine, don't see ATV's getting anywhere unless you have tracks.

I'm off the the bar for work, see ya all bright and early! Sure looking forward to meeting a few of ya! (I'll be in a Clam 5600 praying and toasting to the fishing Gods!)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Surface Tension

• Tom Linderholm

• Papa Woodie

Also if anybody needs a spot I have an extra one in my shack cuz I have a two man and will just be by myself. I will have a black Ford Ranger out there so if someone needs a place to fish give me a shout and let me know and I can make room. Hope we have some fun and am really looking forward to meeting some of you guys out there.

I had a good time and caught a few fish....few fish. Thanks to green and gold for lettin me in from the cold! Seemed to be a fairly good turnout but sounds like the fish heard we were on the way and moved out. Thanks also to skippers kid for plowing the roads on the lake. With that much snow it definitely made it more accessable for the crew.

A good time was had by all. Morning bight was good but the rest of the day was SLOW. Some small fish but as Matt said few.

I have to thank some people.

Thanks Tom Pfister for plowing us a great road to our set up! Very much appreciated Tom and Deb. wink.gif

Thanks to the Bait Box, Gander Mountain, Tim at Highbanks ( Great Cabin Tim!), JR's Tackle, Scenic Tackle, Jay Soderbloom, Superior Rental and Recreation ( For the use of the snowbobile and trailer), Cheffrey and the Grand Superior Lodge for the great Gift Certificate and silver bullet grin.gif, Fishermans Corner and everyone who stayed in #3 Sat Night! It was a good time guys. See everyone next year.

Tomorrow at 1pm at be at Boyscout for Walleye and Pout if anyone wants to join in on the fun.

Little Perch I hope you made it home ok and send me a e-mail when you see this.

STEVE WE THANK YOU WE WERE HAPPY TO HELP ALL OF YOU STEVE AUSTEN AND I WILL GO LET ME KNOW WHAT TIME AND WE WILL GO AND HOW THICK IS THE ICE AND DO WE NEED A SLED OR JUST WALK CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW THANK YOU AND DO NOT FORGET TO CALL LIKE YOU DID TODAY JUST TO LET YOU NOW STEVE I WILL NOT TELL A SOLE THAT I WAS NOT THERE WHEN YOU DREW TICKETS

Ya Im really sorry about that Tom! confused.gif I just had a big brain fart. I will be at Boyscout at 1pm. Only about 10" of ice so bring your sled. Glow lures in the 1/2 to 1oz and smelt or smashed minnows or heads. Im going early to try for some eyes then later Ill be poutin. See ya there.

One more thank-you to Northlander for handing out the prizes. There were some nice little gifts received and I think everyone got more than their $2 raffle ticket's worth. Sorry, not trying to rub it in, Skipper's or Matthothand. Also thanks to ST for organizing things (and showing me the robot-moonwalk-beverage-in-hand dance moves! grin.gif Probably see those up for some poutin' this afternoon. JH

STEVE THAT IS OK GLAD WE WHERE ABLE HOOK UP AND DO SOME FISHING SORY I DID NOT FISH NEXT TO YOU GUYS BUT DED WANTED TO FISH OUT OF THE PERM.... HOUSE WELL SHE SURE LOVES TO FISH I AM VERY LUCKY. ITS GOOD TO SEE TIM BIZZY AT HI BANKS AS WELL STEVE CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE RIVER SEE YA THERE.

Oh I forgot to tell everyone that Tim at Highbanks was very happy and says thanks to everyone that supported Highbanks this weekend. He says Pizza, Bait and Pitcher sales were up greatly! wink.gif By the way there were some extra little charges on my Cabin Tab Sat night. HMMMM? Wonder who that could have been? Moonwalker or the silver bullet kid maybe? grin.gifwink.gif

Moonwalker I say, he's your man. I was wondering who payed at the end of the night. I guess I had assumed the male jigalo/fooseball wizard had.(sp) smirk.gif

Thanks for throwing this together, I was glad i could join this year after last years sick performance. Looks like someone else took that award. Huh G&G. smirk.gif

Fish cooperated in the AM but once we had 15 vehicles and shacks in one spot they kinda turned off.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Steve, thanks for getting the donations and cabin and thanks to those that made donations. Tim, thanks and its nice to see the resort being run like one again. Tom thanks for plowing the road, it sure made things a lot easier for guys without sleds. Nice to see all you guys again and meet others. Lil'perch is was nice to spend Sat with you on the lake. Wish Sundays bite would have been as good as Saturdays but you guys still managed a few fish each by the looks of it. I had a great time guys and look forward to doing it again.

moonwalk.gif

Man Frank that little guy looks a lot like you in Highbanks! grin.gif You got more moves than Exlax.(spelling?) tongue.gif